Pregnancy: July 2009 Babies Community
Side effects of 2 month shots???

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in July 2009.

Side effects of 2 month shots???

Colter has his two month shots tomorrow and I was wondering if any of your babies has any side effects?  I am dreading seeing him hurt by the needles :(  He also has to have another ultra sound of his kidney which is an hour and a half long u/s.  Also, did you give them Tylenol before the shots???
JT actually didn't have any side effects really. I gave him tylenol when his temperature showed an increase but other then that he was good. Wasn't very fussy either. I hope Colter doesn't have to many side effects.
My baby has her 2 month appt tomorrow also and she has to have 3 shots :( I will give her tylenol before the appointment because I know she may be sore from some of the shots.  Fortunately she is a chubby baby so I hope she won't be too uncomfortable.  

How is Colter sleeping?
Jack had his 2 month appt. on Aug. 31. It wasn't fun seeing him get the shots (two nurses came in and gave him multiple shots at once in both thighs, I guess so it wouldn't be one shot after another after another). Poor Jack turned beet red and cried even after I picked him up. But, he settled down after a couple of minutes of rocking and was just fine. I was instructed to give him children's tylenol drops for 24 hours. Jack wasn't much fussier than normal, if anything he was sleepier for the afternoon but that was about it. I will warn you that babies get little knots in their thighs that last a while. Jack had them for over a week, but doctor said that was normal. It always ***** watching your little bub feel pain, but it has to be done. Just swoop your baby up the second the nurses tell you you can and pat his back and tell him he's just fine! Poor guy! Let us know how it goes! He'll be fine!!
Thanks everyone.  It is 5:30 and I have to shower and get ready to leave for his appt.s.  The dr. is an hour and a half away.
I am dreading the u/s AND the shots.  What a stressful day for the little guy.  I am so glad to know though that the shots don't seem to be too long effecting.  My mom and aunt are coming out from NY to visit and I want them to see what a happy baby he is now that he is on reflux meds.

Colter sleeping....ha!  He doesn't cry at night, but wakes up all the time to eat, just to fall back to sleep after he gets me up LOL!

Thanks again.  Love having you all here :)
Cash ran a low grade fever of 100.4, but once I got the Tylenol in him it went down and didn't return.  Of course I kept it in him every 5 hours for 36 hours.  He also had a cold when he got his so that may have contributed to the cold.  He is a chunky monkey, and barely cried for the shots (2 in one leg and 1 in the other).  But DH scooped him up immediately and he was calm in just a few seconds.  He too slept like a rock that afternoon and that night, but again I'm not sure if it was from the shots, the fever, or the cold.  I hope everyhting goes great for your little one!!!