Pregnancy: July 2009 Babies Community
Who's having a Baby Shower?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in July 2009.

Who's having a Baby Shower?

Hey Mommy's,
As we are all in our 2nd trimester now, and most of us have found out the gender, or will be finding out soon. Who is having a baby shower? And when you typically have them? 7 months? 8 months? I've been getting a lot of questions from family and friends, wondering where i'm regisetered, and when's the date for the shower. I haven't even begun to think about that stuff yet. But i guess i need to.
So i was just courious if you've already have the shower in the works. Dates? Themes? ect.
:o) So exciting even thinking about it!!!

Hope you're all doing well.
xoxo
My friend is throwing me a baby shower and i have no clue when, dont think she does either. I guess my Baby shower with my DD i was around early August I think and I was due Oct 4th, although planned c section was set for sept 14th. So I think its really whenever u want to have a babyshower ya know. Around 30wks or so is good.
I am having a baby shower but my mother in law and sisters are dealing with it. I am not one for planning events. I didn't even plan my wedding on my own. But I think it will be around the 7th month!
My first my baby shower was a suprise. It was thrown on my bday so they all acted like it was a suprise b-day party and then when I went in the other room it was full of baby goodies. It never used to be typical to have a second baby shower alot has changed in 7 yrs. I don't know if I'm having one that is up to my family. My dh and I did register so we would remember what we liked. Is this your first. Good luck.
AP
I doubt anyone will throw me one, it isn't really customary to have one for the second child (or 3rd or 4th) lol. At least my fam doesn't do it that way, I wish we did, I think all babies deserve a party!!
I have a little girl who will be 8 this month.  I have NOTHING from that pregnancy.  I am completely starting over.  This will be my first for my husband too.  But... we have only lived here for a year and we don't really know anyone so well that they would throw a baby shower.  We have family spread around the county so we did register since  grandparents and extended family want to help.  I am starting to panic because there is so much to do!!!
This is my 2nd pregnancy, but i didn't get to have a shower with my first because i got married just a few months before i had him, so it wouldn't be right to have a wedding where i got so many gifts, and then turn around and have a baby shower as well. So i'm looking forward to having one this time. Can't wait to go register.  ;o)
This is my first, and I would like having my shower around 6-7 month of pregnancy, that way I will have enough time later to get the rest of the stuff I need. I also don't have many friends around, is just my sister and like 5 more people I know.
I am planning to register by my 5th month and so, now i am only 17 weeks, so I think I will give it some more time.
May is a beautiful month for a shower anyways.
This is my first baby so I plan on having a shower ...I am due 7/27 and I am looking at the first weekend in June for the Shower but my husband thinks it should be sooner - I believe my mother and aunt are planning this so I guess it is up to them and the schedule at the time...