Pregnancy: July 2009 Babies Community
not seeing the chamber of the heart at 20 weeks

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in July 2009.

HI, Im 5 months pregnant and went for my detailed scan at exactly 20 weeks.,, everything seemed fine, exept that the doctor couldnt see the chamber of the baby`s heart clearly...does this usually happen, or could there be something seriousely wrong?he said he`ll check it out the next time I go when Im 24 weeks...
Zahara.
Tags: 20 weeks
it depends how baby was lying, the sonographer couldnt find my babys heart and told me keep changing positions but the baby moved too, dont worry if he was concerned he would of tried longer
in some babies it is hard to find their heart beat.. as Kay2486 if your doc was really worried he would of kept trying. i am sure there is nothing wrong.
thankyou ladies,, Im going back to see the doc, in 3 weeks, so will keep your`ll updated,,