Pregnancy: July 2010 Babies Community
I feel I have no control over my healthcare
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in July 2010.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

I feel I have no control over my healthcare

Hi Doc!

I'm 33 weeks pregnant & have been suffering from terrible sciatica pain since I was 20 weeks. I have fallen several times an address this with my doctor she prescribed me a muscle relaxant & tylenol. Then 2 weeks ago I was at work and had a severe anxiety attack & was rushed to the ER. Ive been overwhelmed by the pain/work & home because I have a 3 year old an I'm feeling torn and stressed. Well I spoke with my employer who offers maternity leave for 6 months as a lwop that can be combined with fmla & my employer suggested it may be best for me to take lwop. My doctor just needs to give me a note saying its ok if my pregnancy is making me feel the need to take maternity lapp but my doctor refuses to do this & wants me to just take lexapro & she stated she wants me to work as long as possible. I told my boss this & they don't understand why my doc is concerned about me working up to birth.  I feel stuck in the middle j agree I need to take lapp because I'm always in pain & feel like I'm always holding up my jobs daily operation because their always worried somethings gonna happen on the job. Why or what is the reason a doctor would rather Medicate then listen to their patient concerns about their own health?
Tags: Pregnancy
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Pregnancy: July 2010 Babies Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...