Pregnancy: July 2011 Babies Community
Fetal heart tone doppler

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in July 2011.

Fetal heart tone doppler

Has anyone used a fetal doppler/heart tone monitor (for use at home)? I was considering buying one since i am continually bleeding and driving myself crazy not knowing whether or not the baby is okay.

For those who do have one, how well do they work? When were you first able (week) to catch your baby? Are they safe?
I used one with my first pg. I bought mine when I was ~15w and I found the h/b right away. It took about 15 minutes the first time, but after that it did not take so long. (I looked way too high) The instructions said as early as 10w, but I'm not sure how accurate that is. My DH did not want me to get the fetal doppler b/c he thought I would worry myself if I did not find the h/b. And I would have. I would wait until you are past the minimum time and even consider bringing it with you to the OB so he/she can help you if need be. I bought mine so I would not worry, I would have been very worried if I could not find it.
I brought myself one at 8 weeks as i was bleeding like you have having some major cramps and needed to know if it was ok. i found the heartbeat after laying down and taking my time. i had to try right down on my undies line and circle around till i found a train like sound.. now i take it in with me when i have my appts and know how to work it..
hi i  know the feeling .. i have a sonoline b i finally heard the heartbeat at 13 weeks it took me baout 15 minutes now i can find it wihin five mintues it 's ually in the same spot i spoke with the tech today she said it's safe to use but don't panic if you don't find the heartbeat and also you can find your heartbeat instead of the baby's good luck i got mine off of amazon
I have the same one as GinaGi and was able to find it at around 8 weeks. It took me awhile and at first but once I hit the 10 week mark it only took seconds. My baby was always in the same spot too until recently and now I have to chase it around. I will hear for 1 sec then I hear a woosh and the baby has moved...lol!! Good luck I got mine on eBay!!
i hired mine at 11 weeks. i couldnr find a heartbeat that was strong so i worryed myself sick. i had to get my sis to find it and she found in within seconds. i was finding my own hearbeat. sometimes i find it hard to find but other times it easyer. i can only find it for a few sec then baby moves away so fast and i wont be able to find it again.I am now almost 13weeks and can hear the heart beat which is just amazing