Pregnancy: July 2012 Babies Community
My child is driving me insane

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in July 2012.

My child is driving me insane

I feel like bawling my eyes out right now.
All I ever want is a break and I can't never get it. My hubby has a total lack of knowledge that I'm pregnant I swear. I have a very busy 19 month old who just a week ago started in a toddler bed and it's not going well. He will sleep in there but getting him to sleep/nap is a task. Where in the crib he would quietly go to bed. He also likes to wake up between 5 and 6 in the morning now. Before it was usually promptly at 7. I really want to put his crib rail back up but this is the crib that I need for our baby girl coming.
I actually can't wait to go to work for 5 hours today....I'm at my wits end.
I'm going to be an emotional wreck when baby comes.
You are not alone!  The best thing I can tell u is, though it may feel like it, its not the end of the world. I have two kids and one is on the way soon. My oldest is 5 and my youngest is 14 months. He is as BIG boy and has taken forever to start walking. Finally hes got it down, but i thought id never survive carrying him everywhere at 6,7,8 months pregnant. Now he is toddling with a.vengeance and his temper is extreme. My husband is clueless too. Im trying not to think about how hard things are going to be when the baby comes. I stress out when i do. I just try to think about how things will be In 10 years. I know i can do this and in10 years my kids and i will be ok. you and yours will too. Take a break when u can cus u deserve it and if u have to dont feel bad about getting a babysitter just to be alone. Things will be ok.
that is my fear for bed training! i have it too good with the crib and have full control right now... if she wakes up at 6 i tell her its still night time and go back to sleep and she does.... when she has free range im certain its gonna take a lot of putting her back in bed before she will give in and listen...

the best advice is to be consistant and only talk the first few tries, after a few just simply put him in bed... eventually you will win! and once he learns that this is how it works hopefully he will give in and just accept it!..... yep im giving advice when i have no clue!!! but thats what i hear works best :)
Thanks ladies. I'm going to see if I can get rid of him next weekend! LOL I'd like to get stuff done around the house and he is just ultimately exhausting.
Yes, he has free reign over things now. It was completely easier with the crib still up. He's definitely not sleeping as much now as he was before and that means I'm not either. I'm not sure whether it was a mistake to do it now or not but I'm not sure if it would be a mistake to go back now too.
i think that because you have already started that its best to just be consistant! and because you need the crib for your daughter its best to get things rolling right away... i have a basinette for my room and a play pen if needed so my poor baby will be cribless for a bit but like i said my fear is my daughter up all night wanting to watch toopy or dora! lol
I have a bassinet for our room too and I have a playpen. I just wanted to do it before baby so it won't be even more frustrating. With lack of sleep between us all, it seemed a better time to start. I think too that it wouldn't be good to go back. I guess I shouldn't be too concerned, it's only been a week and a couple days that we've been doing this and he does stay there all night once he's sleeping.