Pregnancy: July 2012 Babies Community
Sleeping issues

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in July 2012.

Sleeping issues

My baby girl is 10 wks old. I had her sleeping anywhere from 5-7 hours at night. Then all of a sudden she is waking up anywhere from 2-3 hours now. Sometimes less. And she seems like a totally different baby, wanting to chew, doesn't want to eat at times, and just completely cranky! She is on both breast milk and formula. I did switch up her formula around the time she started acting up from similac to enfimal. Yet the signs she is showing are teething signs. She also doesn't wanna nap except for an hour or two in the morning and maybe 30 min in the afternoon. Anyone have any advice???
I would switch the formula back and see if that makes a diff.
This sounds like my daughter! im just going with the flow of things cause it seems whenever i get a good routine this chick switches things up... she has been getting up every few hours at night and the other night it was every 1.5 hours!! then didnt nap much at all the next day, it was brutal lol  and yes she had been sleeping a lot better prior(6 hours or so)... she is just breastfed at this time but i just assume building the milk supply up for a growth spert? i dono...

But if you are thinking teething its completely possible, lots of babies pop teeth early and teething pain can start long before the teeth actually break through...

i have noticed that my daughter has found her hands and does chew on them a lot so it could be that your daughter likes to chew also... BUT you know her best and if you think teething, your probably right... and as far as formula goes, same thing... you know her best :)

ya same here. pretty sure my little girl is teething also... cranky drooling chewing on everything sleeping patterns are horrible. and to top it all off she isnt gaining weight.. hasnt even gained 2 lbs since birth and is 11 1/2 weeks old. she is only breastfed. wont take a bottle which im fine with cuz it makes me feel weird. but dr thinks maybe she isnt getting enough calories. so im literally feeding her almost every hour and at best every 2 hours.. If im lucky every 2.5 hours. she is also SUCH  a mommas girl.. my husband can hold her a littke bit but thats about it. anyone else she cries until I get her back.. And as soon as I lat her down she wakes up so the only way I can ever get sleep or her is if I hold her and sleep in the recliner.... :( I miss my bed lol...