Pregnancy: July 2012 Babies Community
Wow!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in July 2012.

Wow!

Its been almost a month already since I had my lil girl and I think I was the last one on here to have my baby! Shes beautiful and has grown and changed so much already! I love her more and more every day that passes. I had her august 9th and she was 8 lbs 8 oz. 21.5 inches long. Head full of beautiful fluffy long hair and wide eyed lol. Shes perfect. And growing so fast. I was wondering if/when your babies started smiling, "talking", and laughing? She grins a little once in a while and kinda coos some, more here lately. I can't wait til she starts smiling and laughing :)
my daughter is just kicking into daily smiles now (will be 2 months on the 12th)....shes almost 2 months but my first daughter i remember smiling sooner... anyway she does little sounds but im with ya on the cant wait part.... i love how cute they are when they are new and so tiny but it gets so much better as they grow change and learn... my 2 year old still gets to me on how smart she is and how much she is still changing and learning!
My little girl is a month old today!! I cant believe how fast its gone. I took her to her appt yesterday and when she was born weighed 7lbs 11oz and was 19 3/4 inches long... Yesterday she weighed 7lbs 12oz and is 21 1/2 inches long... So she is just a little skinny thing! LOL But dr doesnt seem to worried about her weight for now. But she does give some little smiles here and there. Not really any cooing yet or laughing. Have you bought a book on milestones for babies?? I have the one by the authors of Your Pregnancy Week by Week but its Your Baby's First Year Week by Week.. OR something along those lines. Unfortunately I dont fine the time to ever read it since I am always holding the baby or whatever. I know lame excuse but I need to just stick it by my rocker and read when I feed her.
i was gonna say i read a lot with my first baby, not baby books but novels... was something to do when feeding... my first was a slow eater! lol That sounds like a good book tho! wish i would have heard of it with my first... theres no way im reading anything right now! lol
Smiles should come any time now...cooing will be next along with a small type of laugh but not a flat out big giggle for a bit.
My daughter will be 2 months tomorrow and she's been cooing and a small type of laugh for a week or two now. It's so nice to wake in the morning to big smiles! :)
Yea she grins a little during her happy time lol like after she wakes up and eats, if she's not sleepy she wants to lay down and look at me and grin a lil and coo a little. Its so adorable :) melts my heart. Took her to the dr for her one month check up and he says she looks great and she's growing so fast, she's 22 and a half inches now and weighs 11 lbs 3 oz :)