Pregnancy: July 2012 Babies Community
milk.....

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in July 2012.

milk.....

When did everyones milk come in? My baby is a week old and i dont feel like its come in,, not sure what to do. I know she is getting something cuz she is peeing and pooping and sometimes spits up but i dont feel like im super full feeling. Is that normal? Dr said her weight is fine tho.. she was 7 11 at birth and down to 6 15 at 6 days old..
Sounds OK, if her peeing and pooping are normal.  Babies do lose a little weight after their birth, I assume the doctor told you that's normal too.  Are you having the pins & needles feeling of letdown in the breasts?  You're probably fine with the milk.  At the first, mostly it's colostrum anyway, which is truly liquid gold for the baby.
No pins and needles no. And i know her weight is fine and that she is getting something.. just expected it to have come in by now... but then again i was having really really strong contractions and not feeling them either when i was in labor and it wasnt because of meds. So im not sure what to think.
Does she seem fussy after eating like she is still hungry? i think as long as she is peeing and pooping, is happy and is eating regularly that you are probably ok... i know my friends little one cried a lot cause her milk didnt come in(her baby lost a lot of weight)... also can you express milk? how long does she eat in each side for  and can you see/hear her swollowing(if you can, then for sure she is getting some)

Ya she is definitely swollowing and she nurses for about an hour each time and about every 3 hours. She has lots of diapers a day. I was talking to my sister about it and she said probably i just have a slow let down when she starts nursing so i dont feel it. But i didnt grow a cup size like everyone thought would happen.. and then she spit up at my sisters and i said does that look like milk and she said yes.. so i guess it came in i just had no idea... she nurses really well tho like she doesnt have problems and she is never fussy after like she isnt satisfied..  
It has to be in if she is peeing and pooping the right amount. You might just not get full or feel the letdown like a lot of people do. Which is nice...I hate the letdown feeling sometimes.