Pregnancy: July 2012 Babies Community
numb tingling in my shoulder/back

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in July 2012.

numb tingling in my shoulder/back

Anyone else have this?? I am not sure if its from the epidural or what but its driving me nuts.... Its like a cold numb pins and needles tingling feeling all put together.. Its normally on the left side but sometimes the right... I have tried stretching it but it doesnt really help. I am not sure if it is just a pinched nerve also or what. Any suggestions on how to make it go away are greatly welcomed but just curious if anyone else is feeling this also?? Or if its totally unrelated to having the baby :)
Hmmm im not sure it would have anything to do with the epidural just because its not in a location that the epidural would have had any affect on?? but im not a Dr and I really don't know... my guess is pinched nerve? or something along that lines...bad posture after baby is what my guess would be just from holding the baby especially when nursing.... do you find you slouch more? My back is messed right up from not sitting properly and I keep saying im gonna go for a massage and the back cracker but I have yet to do so....  So my advice is go for a massage :)

Oh and stretching is a good idea but you can do exercises that would go one step further for stretching and strengthening...

And I just have to add that this may not make any sense lol my kids are not helping me think and type at the same time!
Is there any possibility you could be pregnant again?  I know it can be a sign of an ectopic pregnancy. I really hope it's not that although its worth considering. Good luck.
No I figured it out and I feel like an idiot... It is from crocheting.... LOL ya. ridiculous I know but once I stopped crocheting for a week it felt a lot better until I picked it back up. :)