Pregnancy: July 2012 Babies Community
schedule

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in July 2012.

schedule

Do you.ladies have your babies on a schedule?  If so what? I think my daughter has days and nights.mixed bc she can sleep fir hrs during the day but up every two at night. I just.don't.know what a good schedule is and how to keep a newborn awake.  
I have the same problem...
I feel very lucky that my little man put himself on a schedule! The house is crazy n loud during the day with 3 other kids, so he only cat naps during the day. He sleeps from 12:00at nite until between 6-8:00 in the morn!! Things may change once the oldest two start back to school next week. The house won't be so crazy, but he seems to basically keep to his schedule. Eats every 3 hours during the day n takes his long stretch of sleep during the nite when the house is calm! ;-)
I would try to not keep ur house overly quiet during the day. That may help keep ur baby awake more. Also, when baby is awake at nite, try to not talk n interact too much. Save that for during the day.:-)  
Omg I am so jealous!  Mu daughter goes right back back to sleep but I wish she would go longer.... no matter if I vacume or the dogs barking or any noise she sleeps right thru it. I thought that was a good thing. I had her out last night at a football game and I was sure she was going to sleep good during the night but she was on the same schedule.  
Well, it seems my "advice" won't help in ur case! Lol.:-) every baby is diff..with my first baby I wasn't so lucky! The only way we both got more than 2 hours of sleep at a time was if I was holding her.! I slept with her in my arm, in our bed to get sleep!!
Hopefuy someone else will have better words of wisdom for you hun!
im in the same boat! i have slept for 4 hours ONCE this whole time!(most yet) she is up every 2-3 hours thru the night and does have long stretches in the day...and it doesnt matter how much she is awake or eats in the day even she just likes to eat a lot i guess? lol but she did have her nights and days mixed at the beginning where she was awake half the night...at least she goes back to sleep after eating! So anyway i knew it was to good to be true with my first daughter... she ate every 4-5 hours in the day and was up once in the night and started sleeping thru the night at 6 weeks!
oh and i have a 2 year old that is LOUD in the day and does desturb her sleeping... doesnt make a difference here