Pregnancy: July 2012 Babies Community
something wrong?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in July 2012.

something wrong?

ok. so my daughter is a month old and lately she has been spitting up but it comes out of her nose.  also after even when I suck it all out she can't catch her breath and starts to choke. she's breathing bc she's crying and it sounds clear like no boogies but she starts to gag and turns bright red and can't breathe. this seems to happen hours after she eats if I lay her flat on her back. could this be acid reflux? what do I do?
Talk to your pediatrician.  If she turns blue, rush her to the ER.  
This may sound really mean but when she can't catch her breath blow in her face. It works magic when my.daughter cries and can't catch her breath. And I would most def talk to the doctor ....
My two month old son has the same problem. His pediatrician diagnosed it as acid reflux at one month old and put him on zantac. He also highly recommended not laying him flat on his back, especially after eating. He currently sleeps in his swing which is slightly upright and he has done much better. I also agree that blowing on his face helps when the problem arises.
I have heard of the blowing in their face before also. My baby has been throwing up also and it comes out her nose. But she will throw up from getting the hiccups. I feel so bad for her. But I talked to the dr and he said that if she continues it could be a heartburn thing or acid reflux and that if it continues that she would need to be put on the baby zantac...
thanks ladies. :o( I just feel so bad she gets so scared n then hysterically cries and it makes it worse. it happened again this morning I'm calling the dr and telling them I can't wait for later in the week I need to go in today.. we'll see what she says.
Wow that's scary I think I would freak! Definitely take her to the dr. Sounds like acid reflux. I agree with sitting her upright, do it a lot during the day and especially after she eats for at least 30 minutes. My baby won't sleep in her bassinett still, she sleeps in her carseat with blankets to cushion her. But it pretty much sits her up slightly and I sit her in it during the day as well and she hasn't had that problem. Maybe it makes a difference?