Pregnancy: July 2013 Babies Community
2nd baby!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in July 2013.

2nd baby!

Hey I am 21 years old and this is my second pregnancy. I've heard that usually with second + pregnancies you will show sooner then your first because the uterus has already been stretched out? Thanks in advance :)
Hey! I really don't know, i haven't heard that one. I'm 28 and beginning my second pregnancy as well, but I'm starting off heavier this time around. But what you said does sorta make sense. Best of luck to you!!
I know I am! I'm 7 weeks and look like I did at 4 months with my first pregnancy! Want to keep it quiet until Xmas but I have no idea how!!
Hi, Congrats on your second pregnancy.

I found this great info on second pregnancies that may be of interest to you:

1. You feel your baby move sooner. One of the earliest differences a mother notices in her second pregnancy is that she feels her baby moving sooner than the first time. A first-time mom generally notices the baby kicking by the fifth month; an experienced mom, by four months. This is probably because she already knows what a baby moving inside her feels like and recognizes his weak early kicks and wiggles. At three months of pregnancy, your baby's movements may feel like tiny bubbles or butterfly wings brushing against the uterus. First-time moms sometimes mistake these flutters for a bit of intestinal gas, not realizing until later that it was their baby all along.

2. You tend to show about a month sooner. After having a baby, your uterus doesn't shrink all the way down to its previous size, which gives it a head start in growing during the next pregnancy.

3. You carry your baby lower. Your abdominal muscles get stretched so much by the first pregnancy that they're weaker. As a result, they can't support a baby as well as they did before, so the fetus drops lower in your abdomen. The upside to carrying lower is that you'll probably breathe more easily and eat more comfortably than in your first pregnancy. The downside? You may find that the urge to urinate frequently starts earlier and you may have increased pelvic discomfort from the additional pressure on your bladder and pelvic area. You can relieve some of the discomfort with Kegel exercises, which strengthen the pelvic muscles.