Pregnancy: July 2013 Babies Community
8w3d, but not feeling it...please help...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in July 2013.

I'm having the normal symptoms for as far along as I am; swollen, tender breasts, fatigue, mood swings, etc...but I don't feel pregnant. I know I am, and I have heard that many women have this same feeling also, not getting that feeling of reality until they can see or feel the evidence. I was wondering of there was anyone else here who is or had gone through this and how they personally got through it...? I feel like a terrible mother already because of thus feeling. Or...lack thereof...  
I have the same feelings, or lack of. I chalk it up to its my hearts way of guarding its self in case something happens
I'm exactly the same, no morning sickness either just sore breasts and hiccup all the time. Plus the ultra sound. Although
I'm struggling to feel like there is anything inside me, luckily i get that occasional nauseous feeling from certain smells and that reassures me. Only time will tell though.
I don't have any symptoms at all! no fatigue, hunger, nausea, swollen boobs. nothing has changed at all. its extremely worrying but I have to keep trying to tell myself that I am lucky at 8 weeks. maybe my symptoms will start later?
I have a lot of symptoms, especially vomiting, a lot,but I still have a hard time believing it. I think it is because this is a clomid baby and it happened fast and only 1 week after my wedding. I was told it may take up to 6 months. Oops
I am same way with not a lot of symptoms.  My mom and sister hardly had anything and all was well with their pregnancies!  The nurse reassured me yesterday that a lot of woman don't have any symptoms but a missed period.  I think it's the first time pregnant fears for me.  All we can do is pray because we have no control over what happens!
Thank you for the support, ladies. This was a very unexpected turn of events and I moved 300 miles away from all my family and friends just a few weeks before I found out, so this is scary on more than one platform.
To all of you ladys yall are very lucky!!! I throw up non stop. i feel hungry and i try and eat and nope i throw it right up. morning after i eat and night after supper. lunch is the only meal my baby lets me eat. so please consider yourself lucky! i got my ob to give me medicine today for sickness. i have to take one in the morning before i eat and one at night before i eat. 8(
Just because you're not feeling it doesn't make you a bad mum. The fact you're worried you might be tells me you're going to be a great mum. With my daughter it wasn't until I could feel her moving about that I really started to feel like I was pregnant and not ill! Regardless of the 2 scans I'd had by then :-) I think a lot of pregnant women feel the same they just worry about admitting to it. With my first it still didn't really sink in completely until I was strapping her into the car to bring her home and then it was like umm I'm actually a mum now! Give yourself time to get into it little things will start to make it all sink in. I wish a happy and healthy pregnancy x