Pregnancy: July 2013 Babies Community
Pain on side.... Normal?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in July 2013.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Pain on side.... Normal?

I am 28 weeks pregnant, and have been getting sharp cramps on my right side the bast few weeks every once in a while. Last night I woke up with very painful cramping/ sharp pains in my right side and back. Hours later they haven't gone away but they are now a dull pain. I have a doctors appointment in a week. What could this be? Everyone keeps saying ligament pain but I just don't think that's it. Help please!!
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I'm 26weeks and went to the ER last week for almost the exact same symptoms. They ran a cple tests (urine, blood pressure, and put the baby on a monitor) they said everything was fine and even my doctor said it could be dehydration (try drinking more water), braxton hicks contractions (which where pretty strong) and/or ligament pain. You should be ok as long add you feel baby moving regularly and have no bleeding, gushing/leaking fluids, severe swelling, or changes in vision along with headaches. If you are still worried you can always call the medical exchange for your doctors office. They may have you go to the ER to get checked out "just in case". Good luck!
Blank
1545464_tn?1376707758
I also rushed to ER when I was 19 weeks with exact same right and back pain, they found nothing, said it could be ligament pain or something. Took tylenol to feel better. I do get pain now under ribs, which is tolerable.

Am sure nothing to be worried.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Pregnancy: July 2013 Babies Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank