What went wrong?
I just found out I'm pregnant as little as two days ago (almost). Yes, I know that's late, but I have irregular periods and apparently didn't understand the symptoms of pregnancy. But either way, I just woke up in the middle of the night, throwing up for the first time since I was eight years old- I'm twenty-seven now. It was a terrifying experience and I don't want to ever go through that again. But I'm not sure what caused it. I'll admit that in the last two days, I've tried to eat better, but I'm really not even sure what that means anyway. I had a breakfast sandwich at this time yesterday morning (2am), shrimp fettucine alfredo at 9am before I went to school. Then a friend took me to lunch at a Chinese buffet at 3pm where I had fried rice, noodles, battered shrimp, some chicken bites, sushi, and lemonade. I ate again after classes were over at 6pm- a slice of greasy pizza which I only ate half of and gave up- it was gross. But I was drinking water consistently all day long (approximately 7 or 8 16.9 oz bottles) and I felt fine (for the better part) until I finally left campus at 9:30pm and crashed at home at 11pm. Btw, I drank so much water because no matter what I did, I felt like my mouth and lips were drying out.

Please help me understand what I did wrong. I don't want to repeat this. I'm tired and scared to go back to sleep; I don't want to end up choking on my vomit in my sleep- Scary!
Well first of all i think you should look up the things you can and cannot eat while pregnant. And second not to scare you but i have been throwing up constantly for 2 months. Its very normal. But you can always call your doctot and see what they suggest. Maybe eat lighter meals.
If I remember right sushi is a big no no. Your immune system isn't what it was now. Also waking up and being sick could be food poisoning or a uti that's advanced. Doc should check your urine and get you on antibiotics ASAP if that's what's causing the sickness. Good luck xx
Its called morning sickness. It can happen at any time of day. It ***** but that's what happens. Also sushi is a giant no. Honestly, you don't seem to know anything about pregnancy and you don't seem to be prepared for this at all
No Raw fish is common sense, throwing up during pregnancy is common sense.
I don't think "common sense" applies to knowing to not eating sushi. It's something I've never had a problem with and being that this is my first baby in my immediate family, I can say I am very unprepared for what's going on. I do consider myself to be lucky to not have experienced morning sickness though. This throwing up was not recurring- thankfully!
Thank you. I ended up going to the health department first thing that morning and they had a lot of information for me. You're right; sushi is on the bad list. but I do remember having it on a separate occasion before I knew I was pregnant. Hopefully that wasn't harmful to the baby. Again, thank you for your help :)
Eating lighter meals has definitely done the trick! No more throwing up for me! When I get as full as I was that night, I feel sick all over again. So, there's something to be said there. Thank you!