Pregnancy: July 2013 Babies Community
glucose test

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in July 2013.

glucose test

did anyone else fail it the first time?
Sorry Hun, i just got my results back today and everything was normal. Not sure what that means for you. Good luck though and best wishes for you and your little one!
Haven't taken mine but I'm not feeling good about it. Lol
I failed the 1 hr test. My reading was 165, and I think the nurse said anything over 130 was over the safe limit. She asked if I ate anything within an hour before ingesting the drink. I did eat a pear on my way to the clinic, but there wasn't a fasting requirement for the 1 hr. She said it may have skewed the reading. I'm scheduled for the dreaded 3 hour test on Thursday. Are you going to have you do the same?
I went for my testing yesterday, safe to say it didn't go well I ended up vomiting it up all over the office and got sent to talk to my Dr to figure out what to do and am now known as the  'woman that threw up everywhere'  quite embarrassing, but I guess my first pregnancy is gonna be  pretty memorable.. :/
i threw up everywhere too! lol. haha.
I failed the first exam before drinking the stuff. But waiting to see if I pass three hour test.
@Calimomma: how did your test go??

@Meganrose and Meg: The testing paperwork indicated that nausea and/or vomiting might occur, so it's happened to other women before. Don't sweat it!  Clinical staff should be accustomed to working around all kinds of bodily fluids anyhow. :)

@LadyJ.. how did the 3-hr test go for you?
I failed my one hour test and took the three hour one last Friday. I should get my results back by Tuesday. The nurse told me A LOT of women fail the first one and the second test comes back normal
mamabear I had my 2 hour test and it sucked lol and I was beyond nervous! But turns out the next day I got I call that I passed buttttt I'm anemic ;( so I'm getting prescribed liquid iron booo! Lol the drink wasn't bad at all. Some ladies on here exaggerated no offense Lol they scared me! But it was a lot more than expected! How did ur 3 hr test go hun??
@Babydue: yep. That's what I've read and heard also. I hope your testing went well. :)

@Calimomma: hooray! Glad you passed! Liquid iron doesn't sound too tasty, but at least you and baby will be healthy. I passed the 3 hour, but my midwife still has me recording my blood sugar levels. My fasting and first hour blood draw results worried her.
I have issues with pills Lol I'm a little girl when it comes to pills. Ugh. Lol but I heard iron pills are tiny? So after my bottle is up maybe I'll give them a shot! At least you passed! We only have two months left so you won't have to monitor it for long :)
They still haven't figured out an "alternative " for me to do mine... so I'm 31 weeks and have no idea what the heck is going on!
megganrossa... I'm31 weeks too and just redid mine. get the results Monday. :)
My 1 hour test is on wednesday, fingers crossed.
they know as pregnant women outrstomachs are more sensitive. the bottle even says nausea or vomiting could be a side effect. kinda their fault for not having a trash can near by lol
Littlemamabear it was long and a little stressful because my mom stressed me out but. If she didn't it wouldn't have been so bad.