Pregnancy: July 2013 Babies Community
momo identical twins

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in July 2013.

momo identical twins

hi all...
My wife is 11 weeks pregnent with identical twins /momo twins... And they share same placenta and sac as detected by our gynaec in ultrasound.....
My Q are as under... 1 Do Momo twins complete entire 40 weeks pregnency befor they are born?
2 Should the nutrition levels and diet for my wife be increased?
3 What is the extra care she needs to take to ensure she completes 40 weeks of pregnency?
4 My wife has gained around 7 to 9 kgs in the first trimester. Is this normal gain in our case?

Please reply...
monozygotic twins do not usually reach full term. I think the normal expectancy is 36 weeks.
diet just needs to remain healthy and to take iron, calcium and folate. the  babies will take a lot from mum.
this is totally normal weight gain for first trimester.

p.s I'm an identical twin and wouldn't change it for the world  I'm disappointed I'm only having a singleton.  
There are 2 ladies on here that have givin birth to mono twins.  I am struggling to remember their screen names... I will look them up and tell you....hold on... :)
One is CarlaP...

jennlaurin80
Is the other. Neither is active on here right now, but if you drop them a note, hopefully they will answer you.  They both had boys.
My twins shared the placenta but they were not MoMo- I was thankful we found a membrane between them at about 16 weeks (I think!) I think most twins momo or not- tend to come early about 36 weeks,  If momo- chances are she will be on bedrest and/or hospitalized for monitoring to make sure the cords do not tangle.  They should have you seeing a high risk doctor.  Hope all goes well and keep us posted!
thanx for all the infoemation..... Will keep u updated.... As per the latest update my wife is gpin to have vaginal stiches so that after 25 weeks chances of preterm labour and chances of leaking of sac reduces....

Thanks for prompt reply... Amazing stories read by us of survival of momo twins keeps us strong...
Malav