Pregnancy: July 2013 Babies Community
pregnancy insults, belly grabbing...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in July 2013.

pregnancy insults, belly grabbing...

what's the worst thing you ladies have heard so far? i know ppl dont mean it to sound rude, but saying "oh my god you're getting huge!!!!!" is mean... its like, thank you captain obvious for making me feel like a hot air balloon. geez... oh, and btw... WHY ARE STRANGERS TOUCHING MY BELLY!!!?????
Wow I haven't had either of those happen. I can see where it would bother you though. Say something to them. Good luck.
Lol wow i havent had either happen to me. at the most awww how far along are you!
and if someone would ever tell me im huge i would say yep sure am and i love every bit of knowing i have a healthy baby girl inside of me. no chance of any problems, so thanks for your concerns!!! that would most likely come out of my mouth!
I'm sure they don't mean to offend. They simply don't know any better. A pregnant belly looks special and sweet, so that's probably why they want to touch it. I've had a coworker and the manager at my favorite beauty salon touch my belly. They asked first though.
I've also have co workers touch and ask to touch. The ones I get along with really well rub and ask how he's doing. I work in the rehab side of a nursing home so a lot of the residents are coherent enough to know what's going on they will ask too if they can touch my belly
I read one women's story on here where she was giving a presentation to a group of strangers and one women got up mid speech and started rubbing her tummy. She looked at the women and rubbed her tummy back. The stranger said how dare she touch her tummy to which the mum asked what gave her the right to touch her bump?! The lady walked off quickly much to the amusement of the rest of the room. I chuckle every time I think of it cos I don't think I would have been anywhere near as calm!!! :-)
wow... theres a lot of great advice and stories that i can learn from :-) I just think it's a bit odd for people to touch my belly. Next time someone does it without asking I'm going to politely smack their hands and say "no!"... lol... Seriously though, i will tell them to stop and ask where their manners are...
I hated people randomly touching my bump with my first. I nearly smacked someone woman doing it once. It's so rude!!! It's my belly and my baby! My best friend is pregnant and I ask first :) with this one only 3close friends have rubbed my belly. I must glare at people now without realizing! Lol. When my daughter was new born I shouted at a woman for stroking star and putting her finger in her mouth! I go into super cow mode when pregnant or with a baby lol
my mom and i were in motherhood maternity together and because of a thyroid problem she had when i was born she never got to loose that weight and looks about 8 months pregnant all the time... the sales lady heard me call my mom over to look at some shirts and said to us "awww, your pregnant together?  that's sweet when are y'all due?"  i looked at mom and said to the sales lady "mom's due in 2 months and i'm just fat."  whereas mom and i got a chuckle out of it, the sales lady got so embaressed that she went on break and didn't come back.  not my intention but come on...
oooooh, i wont shop at motherhood maternity because the sales lady kept coming into my dressing room unannounced and she called me chubby... mind you im 5'9 and have a slender build, i was trying to find a bra because im retaining waterweight under my arms... my hubby couldnt believe her rudeness and urged me to leave... i felt sad because he wanted to do something nice for me and buy me all new maternity clothes to make me feel better about my body changing so drastically, and here this saleswoman was insulting me in front of him and walking in on me while i had no top on. I was so embarrassed, we left and went to old navy instead... they have an awesome maternity section !!!
Wow you should of reported the nasty woman!! Ggrrr how dare she!!
oh, i did. she was a horrid human being...
I hope she got the sack :/
I was thinking about this post after I had a random sales rep rub my bump. We've never got on and she's the sort of person I do not like (tells me what I want to hear and lies her way into seeing me - I'm in procurement). My face must have been an absolute picture cos her boss who happened to be at the same meeting asked her to leave the meeting and wait for him in the car! :) my bump my body!! Hehe :)
I go to places like church and stuff. The problem that gets me is that every week someone touching me all the time. I'm usually the person who likes to hug and stuff but now ppl really tick me off by touching my stomach. My belly button trying to come out and I am really self conscious about and want to tell ppl to leave me alone and stop touching me but try not to be rude. But sometimes even kids try to touch and I'm at the Max don't touch me. I
Almost 24 weeks so the bigger I get the more I wish ppl leave me alone.my family don't even do it that much.
im sorry... i really dont like when.ppl i domt know touch me
I have seen shirts you can get, they have prints on them saying please don't touch my bump. I'm thinking of getting one :)
My grandma calls me a chunky monkey... lol
Ladyj...I am usually a very sociable and hugging type of person as well...however while in church its very annoying having someone rub my belly or even touch me. I feel that people should ask and nine times out of ten if you would ask politely...I would let you touch. I try to say in a nice and calm way...please don't or I will move away when I see the hand coming...its disgusting.
i agree with you babyluv... lol, the next person who touches mine without asking, im going to touch their belly fat and ask when they're due
my MIL that I dont get on with keeps touching my belly and saying that I HAVE tobtell her when my baby moves because its her right to feel it. its HER grandchild. I cant stand her touching me and already claiming ownership over my baby!!!
My Grandma always says the tummy is really close to your privates lol so it should be considered sexual harassment when someone touches a pregnant woman's belly! Lol! Kinda true though :/
i agree babyluv!!!!!