Pregnancy: July 2013 Babies Community
uti

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in July 2013.

uti

I have white blood cells in my urine which indicates uti...anyone else has experienced uti during pregnancy coz I have heard its pretty commom to catch some during pregnancy...but I  am worried...any advice or suggestions plz....
Its incredibly common. I only get them when pregnant. Baby can pinch the bladder so not all the urine leaves when you go to the loo and the bacteria build up causes the uti. Leaning forward while you go helps to completely empty the bladder. Plenty of water and if you can stand it cranberry juice can help. Docs will give you antibiotics to clear the infection. Its one of the things that's checked with every urine sample you give. You've not done anything wrong and sometimes it doesn't seem to matter how much you do if you're prone to them then you'll get them. Nothing to worry about just look out for symptoms and if you suspect one the see doc to confirm. Don't ignore as it can cause complications. During my first pregnancy I had no idea as I'd never had one before and it went to my kidneys - thankfully they caught it just in time for me to be treated without a hospital visit and inducing my girl. Best of luck to you x