Delivery room: changing my mind last minute.
I'm due July 31st and this is my first baby. (Boy) originally I wanted just my hubby and my sister(labor and delivery nurse) in the delivery room but my husband and I have been talking about having both my mom and mil in as well. It seemed ok and a few weeks ago we heard 3 is the limit but they may make an exception as my sister works at that hospital. My husband was so excited he told his mom to be prepared. Now she is driving me nuts  and I made a comment that I might just want my hubby and sis in there. She's treating it like its her right to be in there and so excited to see baby born since she has missed all her other grandbabies  and so and so's babies and she needs it for a doula license etc.. I don't feel comfortable with her seeing a baby coming out of my hoo haa and mentioned that I don't feel like having that displayed to her and she kept telling me it's normal and no big deal I won't be concerned about it during labor, etc and my husband doesn't get it either. I live with MIL right now so I can't seem to tell her no flat out. I wouldn't mind her being there if I trusted her enough to not peek when baby starts to crown. Is it wrong to ask to ensure only my hub, sis, and ma are allowed behind their back?
I feel like it is a very intimate moment between you and your husband. I had my first child very young and the thought of my dad and mom being there still kind of disturbs me...it has been 20 years...you have every right to say no. Don't feel pressured into doing anything you don't want to do. Your husband should support your decision and help you break the news to her. You have so much going on witht the pregnancy and really don't need any added stress hon. Best of luck.