A glass of wine
So i know its really CONTROVERSIAL but i just wanted to know your thoughts on it mommas. So yesterday i was at a wedding and had a glass of red wine im 10 weeks 1 day today. I just wanted to know if any of you had an occasional drink during your pregnancies and how it turned out. This is my second baby and with my first it never even crossed my mind to indulge in a drink so i kinda feel bad. But if i can have an occasional glass of red wine and it not be detrimental then id like to. Im full time working mom and its nice to really relax sometimes.
I'm 10 weeks 2 days. I get married in 5 weeks and I will be having a glass of wine or two before I walk down the isle! Haha. I never drank with my first baby.
Am 10 wks 5days and this is my second baby.....with my first i used to get really thursty of Mike se but i tried to control it as much as i could....used to treat myself once or twice à month though....i have no urge for alcohol for this pregnancy...i think little bit will not hurt.
mikes..
And some champagne for new year. Will sip some.
I don't imbibe during pregnancy.
If you choose to, be sure to drink a lot of water.
I'd also speak with your medical provider.
I personally think it's selfish and foolish to drink during pregnancy. Your putting your baby's health at risk and fetal development during the first trimester is crucial. Any alcohol use during pregnancy can result in a child being born with FASD. To me it's not worth the risks.
You should not drink any amount of alcohol during pregnancy. There is not a set amount that will guarantee your child is safe from fetal alcohol syndrome. Any amount can put your child at risk. Fetal alcohol syndrome can affect their growth and development.
It's only controversial in the United States.  Depends on how much and how often you are drinking.  If it's just very small amounts once in a while you're fine.  Maybe half a glass of wine and don't make it a habit.