Ultrasound
Hi ladies, just a quick question. I am currently 7weeks pregnant with my first baby. My OBGNY isn't able to get me into my first appointment since I've been pregnant until January 4th. I'll be 11weeks by then. Is this odd? I feel like 11weeks is a long to wait to see if I'm having a health pregnancy or not. What do y'all think? Should I try to get in with a different DR?
I had the same problem I found out I was pregnant unexpectedly and was really worried. I went with the dr that could see me sooner and found out I was actually 8 weeks pregnant. It helped alot to know that everything was ok with my baby.
Go see your GP in the meantime and ask for routine bloodwork and HCG level. Some specialists can be hard to get into but still keep your appointment.
The first trimester screening is done been 10-12 weeks so don't worry.  It's nice if you can get in sooner to see the heartbeat but nothing to worry about.  A lot of people don't see their OB until 10-11 weeks. I always try to get in earlier though, ask your office if they can inform you of any cancellations and maybe you can get an earlier appt.