Pregnancy: June 2009 Babies Community
36 weeks pregnant

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in June 2009.

36 weeks pregnant

im 36 weeks and i am having sharp lower pains. i have no clue what contractions feel like, and tight tummy does not help because i dont know what that feels like either. how do i know when to call my husband and tell him its time? and what are these pains. i have a feeling its just the cervix dilating.
Tags: 36 weeks
Just call your OB/midwife - they may have you time the pains or they may have you stop in to have your cervix checked and put you on the monitor for a little while.  

It's very hard to know what labor feels like the first time around...and each pregnancy can be so different!  It's better to be safe :)!

Good luck & congrats!!
My doc apt was today. doc said everything looked good.  but i get really scared that im going to have contractions and go into labor and just think its regular pains lol. i guess im just perinoid.