36 weeks pregnant
im 36 weeks and i am having sharp lower pains. i have no clue what contractions feel like, and tight tummy does not help because i dont know what that feels like either. how do i know when to call my husband and tell him its time? and what are these pains. i have a feeling its just the cervix dilating.
Just call your OB/midwife - they may have you time the pains or they may have you stop in to have your cervix checked and put you on the monitor for a little while.  

It's very hard to know what labor feels like the first time around...and each pregnancy can be so different!  It's better to be safe :)!

Good luck & congrats!!
My doc apt was today. doc said everything looked good.  but i get really scared that im going to have contractions and go into labor and just think its regular pains lol. i guess im just perinoid.