Pregnancy: June 2009 Babies Community
Diabetic Neuropathy & Pregnancy
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in June 2009.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Diabetic Neuropathy & Pregnancy

I am diabetic and have neuropathy in my feet and have been perscribed pain meds.  I recently found out I am 6 weeks pregnant.  My first call was to my endocrinologist/internal medicine doctor to ask what medications i need to stop. First thing out of his mouth was to stop my pain medication and to take just tylenol for the pain in my feet.  I have been on different types of pain medications trying to find what works best for my pain.  We finally found one that works and now he says i need to stop.  My ob doctor told me that i wouldnt have to stop any of my medications until i was out of first trimester.  And yes she is aware i take loratab for the neuropathy.  I tried to go without the meds, but my feet hurt real bad and i am unable to sleep or stay asleep due to pain.  i have chosen to take 1/2 a pill 30 min before bed to ease the pain.  pain does not disappear, but its liveable.  Should i completely stop taking pain meds?  or is there something else i can do for pain management.