Vaginal pain due to cervix dilation????
Just curious if ynayone is experience internal vaginal pain. I have the feeling as though my cervix is effacing / dilating. The night before yesterday I woke up due to vaginal pain and I had problems walking yesterday due to it and had heaps of conmtractions. At my birthing class, I asked the midwife who recommended I get a CTG but I told myself, let's wait until tomorrow as it may stop, and it pretty much has. Only every now and then it hurts. Does anybody know if you can start to feel if the cervix is dilating via internal discomfort / pain??
I've been having the exact same pain for about 2 weeks now, on and off of course, but still have that pain. Sometimes accompanied by unbelievable pressure. I would ask your doctor about it. I will be at my next appointment, next monday.
I've been having the same pain and I think it does have something to do with dilation/effacement. I read about it online awhile back but can't recall where. I've been feeling it more often lately and hope it's all in preparation for impending labor. Bryanarae, try to keep us updated on what your dr says about it. My next appt is scheduled for next Wed so you'll definitely know before I do. Take care ladies. :)
My next appointment is on the 26th May. Let us know what your docs say.
I've been having the pressure, but not the pain.  I went to the Dr. on Tuesday (12th) and he pretty much said the pressure was just baby getting in position along with it getting closer to delivery day.  Like I said though, I haven't had any pain.  Please let us know what your dr. tells you
I have had the exact same pain.  I've also been having contractions off and on.  I was wondering the same thing, but I won't be able to ask til next Wednesday.  Definitely let us know what your dr says.
I will be sure to let you all know what my doctor says. Then after your appointments we can deliberate, just for fun, and see if our doctors say the same thing! lol
Take care ladies, and keep growing them babies! :)
Hi Ladies!
I just got back from my doctors appointment. I asked my doctor about the sharp pain and pressure, and he said it could be due to effacement and possible dialation. He was going to check me today, but figured he would wait until my appointment next week because I am due to be checked then anyways. He said not to worry too much though unless the pain is consistent and gets worse.
Thanks for the update!!! I'll be checking in to compare dr's answers tomorrow evening and I should be getting checked for dilation/effacement so we'll see if that really has anything to do with it. Let's hope things are progressing. How are you feeling?
I'm feeling alright! Really tired the last few days and having increased pressure. But we're in the home stretch!! How are you feeling??
And all other mommies:

Well I'm back from the dr's office. I'm 2 cm dilated now and my dr thinks it may be best to induce next week because he has a feeling I'm going to progress quickly. I was put on the monitor for a while and had some pretty serious contractions that I didn't even notice. They were completely irregular but apparently a cause for concern in my dr's opinion. I feel great though, LOL. So I guess the pain has a little something to do with dilation. He wants to see me again on Tuesday to decide what we'll do. So my little girl may be here sometime next week!!! I'm so excited!!!!

PS
He mentioned something about my GD when considering induction, I guess even though it's very much under control stress or the actual labor process can tip glucose levels off creating some kind of fetal distress or problems for me??? Not sure, I was spaced out thinking about the possibility of meeting my princess early. :)
I met my midwife yesterday and she told me the same and she confirmed that the little one has started to get 'engaged'. Next Tuesday, my Dr will check my cervix. My midwife was so shocked to see how active she was that she turned down the volume from the CTG monitor and had the biggest eyes when she observed my belly every now adn then lol. She said she doesn't think I will last until my due date, looks like the little one wants out very soon.

Today has been a strange day for me. She has been awake practically the whole day as I haven't been feeling well and making the most strangest movements. Plus I have had heaps of mucous which really suprised me. I had a few contractions and they've reduced now but the pressure has increased. I think my little one will come within the next two weeks.
Well my dr said the same thing that the pain is due to normal stretching/ engagement.  I was 1 cm dilated and 30% effaced, so I guess the pain is helping.  I get to do another sonogram next week (due to some issues with my first pregnancy), and I guess he'll make his arrival sometime after that.  I always wonder how long people are dilated before they actually go into labor.  With my first, I was 1-2 cm at 36 weeks, 3 cm at 37 weeks, and I was induced at 37 weeks 3 days.  Anyone else have a story?  It's fun to hear how different everyone else is.  Take care ladies, and we should be sharing birth stories soon!!!
same her, vagina pain, and overall I just wanted to be included in the bog. I have to wait untill next Wed to see what's going on in the belly. Last time baby was in breach and my uterus was 4 cm behind. Who knows what I will find out next week. Hopefully only good news. I can't believe we are so close.
Wow, it seems we're all preparing to go pretty soon. Zazou, I have a feeling you'll be in labor in the next two weeks because you're describing all things I've been feeling these past two weeks!!! Mapes, I don't have a birth story yet but I hope to have one soon! It'll be so much fun hearing about everyone's experience and seeing all the newborn pics. It's kind of surreal to think we're only weeks away! And Ania, I really hope your little one flips over so that you can at least attempt a vaginal delivery. I know most dr's wont attempt to deliver a breech baby vaginally anymore. Hope to hear good news from you next week. I hope all of you ladies are doing well and preparing for all the new arrivals. :)
I just came back from my Obstetrician. She performed an internal exam and didn't have to go in deep because of some good news. She was suprised that my little one is already fully engaged at 37 weeks (last week she was partially engaged). My cervix is closed but she told me it can start to dilate when labour begins and that most likely my mucous plug has come out and it can happen any time now. The little one weighs about 6.8 lbs (3.084 kg) at the moment and is measuring almost a week ahead.

I told my husband and I think he's a bit anxious, he wants to be with me almost all the time now lol. How cute.

Let us now how everyone is doing. Can't wait to see everyone's baby pics soon. Hope everyone has a safe birth and healthy babies :-)
that is great news zazou! I hope I will hear similar at my ultrasound - it's tomorrow at 11. I will let you guys know what's up
I have a doc appt tomorrow as well, I hope to hear its coming soon!!! I feel awful for a past few days. I do not have any contarctions but Im not myself, Im very tired and need to take naps few times a day. Normally Im very active person and if something is not done I will not go to bed, last weekend I couldnt even do the laudry I was so tired. Do you think is the sign something is going on? Im worry a bit about contarctions, I feel few a day only, specially at night. Little girl is still moving but not that often like a month ago, I guess she has no enough room. I will ask my doc tomorrow for sure.
I just took a nap hour ago and Im tired again, ready to go to bed but then at night I cant sleep,
OK, so doc told me Im 3 cm, it can take somewhere between 12 hours to 2 weeks- funny ha? After I came back from doc I started having some really seriuos contarctions, pain and some blody discharges. I think I will be going in next few hours, I will calling them in few hours to check me. I dont want to wait till the night and go trough emergency room. I just want have this baby. Finger cross.
Good luck asia4. Hope you have a healthy bub.

GOOD LUCK! : ) This is so exciting!
Good Luck!! i hope everything goes well xxxx
oh well Im still here, she wasnt ready yet but doc say anytime now, Im tired and I want to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just came back from my Dr. and she thinks the baby might come in a few days. She is still fully engaged and apparently during the CTG, I was having heaps of contractions (and she wouldn't stop moving around as usual). Seems like the loads of walking I've been doing has been paying off. My contractions are getting more painful and I'm getting period-like cramps and some aching back pain the last few days (and also the pressure of her head is making it quite painful down there!!).

Hope everyone is doing well :-)
I had Sharp pains in my cervix in the last month of pregnancy. I was dilated 5 cms without having any idea. It just felt like my baby was punching down really low in my cervix. Turns out I was dilating each time.
I'm currently 40 weeks and 3 days. At my last appointment last thursday I was dilated only 1cm and not effaced at all, but today I've been feeling pain and pressure and it feels as if my cervix is stretching. Also, this morning, my fiance and I had sex to try and get things going, I took a half-hour walk, and went up and down our stairs while doing laundry today.. And now I have this pain and pressure, along with my irregular contractions and constant backache. Doc wanted to induce me last thursday, but decided to wait a week because my cervix wasn't ready. But he wants to induce me this thursday if I haven't had her on my own yet. I'm so excited and can't wait! :)
Well im so ready at 27 weeks to have baby Isaiah. I have had the most horrible pinching pains I guess in what is considered the cervix! It has been an awful feeling. They have been happening a lot including tons of pressure! This is my third baby now and never experienced these awkward pains before! I have dr. Apt to arrow most definitely voice my concerns. I am very sore in my vaginal area and it hurts to walk I think it's way to early to feel this way! Kind of questioning due date. Anyway thanks for reading!
Hello ladies, I'm 32 weeks with twins and I'm having the sharp stabbing pains too, they started yest, only now and again for a few seconds but enough to stop me in my tracks, I'm not seeing my dr till Monday so I'm hoping he'l give ne some answers.
im nearly 37 weeks pregnant with my third child and having sharp pains in my vagina midwife says im 2 5ths any1 have any feedback please?
vaginal pain during your 27 week because it been like this 1 week
im 35 weeks pregnant with my second and having lower pelvic pressure and pain is this happening to any one else
me! unbelivable pain in my lower back, pressure in my bum and sharp pains in my 'areas' when im squatting or bending.
i know baby is engaged so maybe its just that. x
Pinching/needle pains in the cervix ended up being effacement and dilation for me. It was not actually painful, just uncomfortable or awkward feeling. After telling my Dr many times about the feeling, I decided to call AGAIN and ask the Dr at 26 weeks 1 day, and it turned out my cervix was ripened (soft) and only 1.1cm.  45min later by the time I arrived at the hospital and they checked me again my cervix was down to 3mm (basically gone) and I was 1cm dilated. Thank the Lord and team of docs, with meds and bed rest I am still pregnant 5.5 weeks later!

My point in sharing the story, is if you have strange cervix feelings or pressure, and are not full term, insist that you Dr checks you! It's better to risk being the paranoid pregnant lady than to risk having a very early baby!