Pregnancy: June 2009 Babies Community
fetal movement at 9 weeks gestation

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in June 2009.

fetal movement at 9 weeks gestation

I am 9 weeks and 3 days pregnant and have been feeling fluttering for the last week or so, it is deffinately NOT gas as this is my 3rd baby and i can tell the difference in the feeling. I was wondering whether there was a chance it could be twins? or if any one else had felt their baby move around the same time?
I have also felt the fluttering and was wondering the same... some say you cant feel it.. but the baby does start to move around about this time. ( I am 9 weeks4 days)
I am 10 weeks and 2 days today and this is my 2nd baby. I think I have started feeling lil movements about 4 days ago. I can tell the difference between "gas flutters" and "baby flutters"! I think it all depends on how in tune you are with your body and pregnancy, but its deffinately possible. =)
hi, i am 9wks and 4 days and have felt lower movements on my lefthand side for the last week. At first i thought it was wind then it bacame more frequent and i am feeling it alot now. This is my second pregnancy i felt my daughter in the first at 14wks. Everyone keeps joking saying it could be twins(my other half is an identical twin). At least i am not going mad then and imagining it.
im about 10 and a half weeks pregnant unsure of my due date and ive been feelng movements in my stomach is that a good sign everything is ok. I already have a 2yr just dont remember having movements like this with my daughter im unsure even though this is my 2nd pregnancy
I have also felt this and this is my secound child and I am 9 weeks only .ITS NOT GAS you can feel the diference ...But every were I read it says is not possible sooooo i dont know girls ....
I am 9 weeks and 2 days i started feeling tiny movements also.i really notice it if im sitting down with my hand on my lower belly i start to feel lil thumps mostly on my left side and if i lay on my side i still feel  the lil thumps were ever the water bag shift the baby to. i thought it was gas but i now gas cause it will move to my butt. but these lil thumps dont they been thumping around the same area since i been noticeing besides at nine weeks most babys do begin movements so if u feeling it your not crazy and those movements are'nt just gas you do have a lil life inside thats ready to bloom.
i came onto this forum coz i also am 9 weeks pregnant and feel fluttering i just came on to see if im imagining it, this is my 4th baby
wow i came here to see if i was imagining things also and it seems that im not thank god. im 9 weeks today and for about the last half week i have been feelings movements in my lower abdomen!! this is my 5th child and i never remember feeling movement this early, which makes me think and hope that im not having twins!! any way i guess no one knows for sure and all the expert websites say that the baby starts moving at 7-8 weeks but we should not feel it till around 16 or up! im not sure thats what i feel but what ever it is feels just like baby movements to me!
I too am about 9 weeks and have been feeling the flutters. Glad to know I am not the only one. This will be my third child but this pregnancy seems so different then my first two. Hoping that means it is a girl this time since my first two are boys.
Hi, I am 9 wks 2 days and i am also feeling little movements.
This is my third pregnancy, and i thought i may feel something a bit sooner but this has amazed me!
I'm new here but I have 2 put n my 2 cents!I'm currently 9 weeks pregnant(4th pregnancy 1 miscarriage)n I've been feeling flutters since I was about 7 weeks.I'm very tuned n2 my body n seeing as ive been pregnant 4 times I definately know the diff between gas n baby!So with that said,ladies if u think ure feeling ur lil butterfly batting its wings go with ur feeling.Nobody knows ur body but u!!
I am also 9wks and feel fluttering in my left side NOT GAS. I was also wondering what is was. I had a scan yesterday and that little guy/girl is really moving around could I being feeling it????
im now 11 weeks and 5 days and im already feeling movement also. this is my fourth pregnancy . i even had my daughter put her hand on my belly and she also felt the baby move. so i thinkits definitly possible to feel the baby earlier than 16 weeks:) good luck everyone !
im currently 8 weeks and 6 days. and just today as i was sitting down at my computer talking on the phone i was startled a little when i felt a nudge like feeling way down in my lower abdomen. i thought it was gas but gas always goes to your butt and ummm this "bump" didnt go to my butt! and just now again when sitting down at my computer i felt that very same nudge from earlier!!!! and that too wasnt gas cuz it didnt go to my butt!!!!! this is pregnancy and baby number 3!!!!! i know that was my baby in there moving. it wasnt a kick just a nudge. soooooo cool!!!!!
Hi I'm in my 9th week (8+2) and i have been feeling flutters since (7+5), its definitely that as this is my second, its happening quite regularly and feels like a vibration, i feel it more in my lower back and belly.

Its a lovely feeling, just going to check it out with a scan to make sure its not twins or i am not further forward, as when i turn over onto my side, i can already feel my uterus moving with me in the middle of my tummy lol!!!

I am also very in tune with my body, i knew i was pregnant straight away!

Happy days and enjoy those flutters!!
hi all, im 9 weeks and 2days. i have been feeling flutters for the past few days. Thought i just had really bad gas bubbles. im excited to hear that im not the only one. I had a miscarrage (miscarriage) back in december and im looking for any sign to make sure eveything is ok.

good luck ladies
Hi, This is my 4th baby and I am 8 weeks and 6 days.  I have been feeling fluttering for about 5 days now.  As you say there is a definate difference between a gus bubble and a flutter.
I felt my little one for the first time last night! Im 10 weeks and 5 days. It was no mistake. Its definitely my new little one dancing in there!
This is my third pregnancy and every time I feel them a little earlier. Its amazing!! To be a woman is incredible and such a blessing in itself!
i just googled this site, cause i am going on 9 weeks pregnant and i  am sure i just felt the baby move (this is my 2nd) and i wanted to make sure it was possible and im not going nuts. Im glad to see that others are in the same boat.    Good luck everyone..
I am 9 weeks and two days and i feel movement this is weird and this my second child i did not feel this when i was prego with my kayla i do have gas but its a different feeling.
i am 24 weeks pregnant and i am so happy i felt my sensation of quickening for the first time..i really felt the baby moves inside my tummy!! its just so cute! and amazing..
I was thinking I was going crazy at first when I started feeling my baby move 3 days ago. This is my 4th pregnancy and I'm 7 weeks and 6 days. I have never felt my babys move so early and its got me freaked out. I've been reading post on all sites since this started 3 days ago and everybody seems to think its not possible. This has me fightened that the baby my be in the wronge spot but at the same time it feels like its in the right spot. I'm really wondering how I can clearly feel my baby moveing so clearly. I've had 3 healthy children already and I am 30. I know what gas , indaigestion, streching feels like and I know when I'm feeling them. This has me thinking either my due date is wronge because I haven't had a ultrasound yet or maybe twins?? Twins don't ran in my family tho could that happen still?
me  too
I am nine weeks 2 days and i can feel little thumping in my belly like if your jaw was to pop. I have not yet got a positive pregnancy yet i just believe in my womens intuition that i am this is my second pregnancy i have a appointment tomorrow but i can say that the baby does jerk a little so that could possibly be the feeling that we feel to me its fun to feel and exciting to know thats what it might be.
im now 21 weeks pregnant with my 3rd child and four pregnancy, i started feeling flutters when i was only 9 weeks, unsure if it was gas or baby movements as i was unaware i was expecting another baby, i then did a test to find out i was pregnant, when i visited the midwife and told her about the movement she told me "not possible".
now at 21 weeks pregnant the baby is really active we can see limbs sticking out my tummy, and the baby moves more now than my other two did at 30 weeks.
wishing all you ladies all the best with your pregancies and hope you all have health babys :-)
I am 12 weeks along and just started feeling "flutters" for the first time yesterday, and today it seemed like all evening.  This is my first child.  I am VERY in tune with my body, i knew right away I was pregnant. Am I crazy or am I really feeling the baby? Also, sometimes its on the left, then it seems like soon after its towards the right side, does this mean twins?
Hi, I am 7 weeks and 6 days with my 4th child and just yesterday starting noticing very light flutters on my right side.. I really think this is impossible......but I have heard that you do feel this sooner the more children you have...... But I go for my first appt on January 12 and I can't wait to see what they say and to hear the baby's heart beat.  :-)  Good luck to everyone.  :-)
I am 12w 3d and I have been feeling fluttering for a few days now. Tonight I was laying on my back and I felt fluttering on both sides of my stomach at the same time. I go to the dr. tomorrow and hopefully she'll give me some positive feed back that I can share with you all. I had my first u/s at 8w 5d and there was only 1 in there but I am way too big. My cousin is 19 weeks and I am bigger than she is.
I feel the same. I am feeling little flutters on opposite sides of my stomach. They say that I am 8 weeks today, but instead of a lil bump, i look like i am 4 months or so prego, i really am starting to believe that I am having twins,
I got the feeling about twins about a week ago when i first felt the movement. I wont be able to hear the heart beat till the 12th of next month and my first ultra sound is the 26th. I wish i could find out sooner!
This is my 5th pregnancy and im 9 weeks. ive been feeling movement for several days now mostly at night when i lay down and its on my lower left side but i feel several of thumps at the same time always no more then 2 to 3 inches from were the other one is... am i crazy or is it possible my last 2 babies i felt at 10 weeks.. every one keeps saying twins cuz i look 5 month pregnant and i was 123 pounds and now i weigh 134 9 weeks preg.... my dr keeps saying its not possible but hes never been pregnant how the hell would he know!! someone help me or tell me im not the only one...
9 weeks today, with 3rd pregnancy (1st live, 2nd mc at 8wks) and felt a flutter, so googled & found this. If there are this many of us, it seems plausible. The first pregnancy, the first movement felt more like bubbles - not gas, but like when you open a fizzy drink and there's a sudden burst of bubbles to the surface. That was quite early for a first pregnancy, about 15/16 weeks I think, but I teach Pilates, so I'm quite in tune with the sensations in my abdomen. This felt like a butterfly fluttering rapidly low down but only for a second or two. I'm very aware of my uterus having expanded, and I'm looking bigger than last time, but had an early scan, and there's definitely just the one in there! If it continues & I'm convinced it was in fact the baby moving so early, I'll be sure to post back :) Good luck with the pregnancies ladies x
hello ladies!
I know this post goes way back in date, but as I was sitting here at my desk I began to feel fluttering. I thought this was impossible, but once I found this site I am convinced this is not gas! lol. This ismy first pregnancy and I am 8 weeks 4 days and am feeling fluttering movement on the left side by my bellybutton. This maybe to high to be the baby moving, but it sure feels funny! It has been happening on and off for the last 30 minutes. When it stopped, I pushed on the same area and the movement started again! So I dont know for sure ladies.. but we all know what we felt and thats that!
Good luck everyone!
Hi, Just an update... I'm now 13 weeks with 2nd baby & have been told I have placenta praevia, and so yes, the fluttering I'm feeling really is the baby! You feel it earlier with 2nd or subsequent babies anyway, but a low-lying placenta makes it possible to feel it sooner as well. So that's it. I'm convinced! If anyone else is feeling fluttering early, in the right area (it's barely above the pubic bone towards the end of the first trimester), it is actually possible :)
I have to agree.. less like flutters and more like a teeny nudge ! That is what I've been feeling for these past few days and I'm about 8-9 weeks. Sometimes it can happen up to like 5 nudges.. and then stops, after a few minutes, I'll feel another little nudge.
Hi girls I am 9 wks and 4 days and I have been feeling the same it started moving yesterday and people have told me it could be twins fingers crossed we r due in June 2013 cx x x.  
I am 8 weeks 1 day been having little flutters in my stomach over the last week. I put over a stone on in weight is this right, i was never this big with my other children and everyone is telling me it's twins, i really hope not jeeez as i got 3 children already, and also 2 step children. I look like i am like 4 months anyone else like this.
I am 9 weeks and 6 days today. The doctors say you can't feel movement because at about 9 weeks your son or daughter will measure in the length of about 3cm-4cm. The feelings you all have, is not just movements, they are jumps. When your child is very happy and healthy they tend to get excited easily and begin to jump. The feelings you get is your baby jumping around. I went to the ER recently for this same reason, to see my son playing super mario in my belly and thought my overie was a coin box. Although this causes discomfort in most women, don't fret! Your child is simply jumping around and when the baby bumps into something you feel the jolt. This is my second child, and I was able to feel my daughter move at about 17 weeks. Boys are more prone to being trouble makers then girls are. If you or anyone has ADHD ADD or Hyper Activity, your child could very well be feeding off of that overwhelming energy. Enjoy the feeling, not a ton of ladies are lucky enough to have this feeling so soon.
I am 8 weeks pregnant and I am feeling vibrations in my uterus like a cell phone is ringing in there.

I feel vibrations and it stops and starts again.

This has been going on and off periodically for the last 24 hours.

Anyone have any idea what this could be?
I'm glad I saw your comment.  I also just felt two of these in the last 5 hours on my lower right side.  I thought it was my cell phone vibrating... only to reach into my coat pocket and there is no phone.  I am only 7 weeks as of today.  I see a lot of people saying 9 weeks... I just had a scare with bleeding Sunday and I have blood drawn and more to be drawn tonight!  This reassures me things are good!!!  
Me too! I'm only 7 weeks today... well, a day shy.  I just saw your comment.  That is what I feel... a cell phone vibrating.  Have you had a check up yet?
I am 9 weeks pregnant and can feel movements i know its not gas because you just know.. My dad is a twin and everyone saids i am haven twins.. What do you think?
I have been feelin flutters and im 9weeks n 2dayz.... I know for sure its not gas b/c I have IBS so I def can tell the diffrence. Its an amazing feeling and I am claiming it as baby movement. This is my fourth pregnancy my last was seven years ago n im not completely sure if I felt this with the other 3