Treatment for meconium asperation
My grandson was born with MAS and they put him on phetenol and valium to keep him sedated. Since they put him on those drugs he is now having to take methadone for the withdrawls of those drugs. Has anyone else heard of doctors giving a newborn drugs to the point that they have to be given methadone to come off of them? I ask this because the mother was taking perscribed roxycotin and opana. I personally feel that my grandson was born addicted to prescription drugs and that is the reason for the methadone treatments and not the MAS at birth. Any experience with this is greatly appreciated.
It sounds plausible.  But even if it is true, why do you want to know, are you thinking of busting your daughter or something?  At least the doctors have the baby on appropriate drugs to reduce his withdrawal problem.