Pregnancy: June 2011 Babies User Group
Kick counting... Anyone else been told about this yet?
About This Group:

Pregnant women expecting babies in June 2011

Founded by tjimenez10 on October 1, 2010
51 members

OK, so went in to the doc today and was told that I would not have anymore U/S... :-(  But was enlightened to know that I now have need to keep up with the movement he is making. My question is how much do I really need to "stress" over this 10 times a day thing? Are all babies really active?  Also, big moves....little moves...does it matter??? So far mine is 50/50 I don't know how much is enough. I for sure feel him through out the day but not "all the time" I've been thinking about how much is enough for a few weeks now.  I'm 26w today.

Just felt him move so I guess I'll count that as one... :-)
Tags: kick, counting
I'm not so sure I understand this either! Although, I was told I needed to start this at 32 wks...even though I'm not sure why! I have my next u/s @ 28wks, then starting @ 32wks I have them weekly (I have an autoimmune disease which makes me high risk). So I'm thinking if I have weekly u/s why do I need to count kicks?? Sorry I'm no help!! It's all too confusing sometimes!
I say if you feel your baby on a normal schedule...like several times throughout the day..then things are probably just fine.  I never really counted for my son, but he was always active and so is my daughter this time around.  I suppose it's to make sure the baby is moving regularly and so you don't go more than a day or so without feeling him in case something does go wrong.  I was never quite sure if I was supposed to count each kick separately or each block of movements, like at night when I lay in bed and she kicks me over and over for several minutes, as one kick.  But, overall, I'd say don't stress about it - as long as you feel him regularly, he's just fine. :-)  
i asked around and was told it is 10 movements in 2 hours. that's the goal. so count kicks, punches, and relocation. Do not count hiccups :(
Thank goodness he is being super active these days! Makes the whole counting thing so much easier. No, he just better keep this up!
krichar commented on Des_a_rae's status
krichar commented on mhv's status
krichar commented on krichar's status
Aug 27