Lachlan Jack arrived finally
Well, after trying cod liver oil, rasberry leaf tea, fuming tea, Sahara, walking, curry all in the same day, Lachlan made his appearance.

At 1:30am on the 21st of June my waters broke. I immediately started with 2 min contractions and unbelievable amount of pain. The tens machine didn't provide relief so me, hubby, sister and mum all jumped in the car headed for hospital with me screaming my head off. When we got there it was around 3 am and my cervix was only 2 cm dialated but contractions coming fast.

Doctors refused to give me an epidural so just gave me gas and pethidine, both of which seemed to have no effect. By the time an epidural was organised and the anaesthetist arrived it was 5 am and the pain Started to subside. A quick check showed I was fully dismayed so had got through all of the labour without any effective pain relief.

I only needed to push for 40 mins and Lachlan was out, born at 8:06am.

He is beautiful and I needed a few stitches. Overall it was a bit traumatic for me but well worth it.

I am still in hospital with gastro and trying to unsuccessfully get Lachie to latch on, so have had a very difficult start. I am hoping my gastro settles film since finding it extremely difficult as a first time mum to take care of him whilst running to the toilet every 10 mins.

Hoping things will settle down when I get home.
Wish me luck!

Nice quick labor for a first time mom, Congrats!!! Hope things get better before you get home.
Congratulations! Your birth was beautiful. How rewarding!
So sorry you're having difficulties, but I am so glad he made a quick appearance for you!  Congrats on no pain relief - even though it would have been nice to get that epidural!  

Hang in there with the nursing - the first week is the worst but it does get better and he will learn to latch.  My little Camille is 9 days old today, and I'm finally getting her to get a decent (not excruciatingly painful) latch on both sides!  Be sure to use lanolin cream after EVERY time you nurse and before/after you shower.  It really does help heal.  I have even had a little bit of bleeding from both nipples here and there the last 2-3 days, but I am hoping it has subsided - none today yet!  

Congratulations again!!  I'm so glad you don't have to feel like the last one left waiting on your June baby anymore. ;-)
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
krichar commented on photo
Aug 23
krichar commented on KeeLolo's status
Aug 19
krichar commented on krichar's status
Aug 17