What is your due date?
Ok, so as I mentioned in another thread, I thought it would be fun to establish a list of all of our due dates and then guess who's gonna deliver first....some babies come early, so those of you who are later in the month may be first after all!  OK, so for now just list your due date and any info that may help with voting and then once we have that established, we can start guessing!

angela418 - June 12 (2nd pregnancy; 1st pregnancy I was induced at 40 weeks 2 days)
I hope I'm first!!! lol, jk, but really, I want him OUT!
Hurry up bub! I'd just like to wear normal clothes again and be able to sleep on my tummy, and most of all meet my little man. Anyone trying carries, sex or eating pineapple yet?
what is carries??? I haven't tried sex b/c my contractions come and go and are way too uncomfortable to have sex through. I kind of tried the pineapple, but not really. You're supposed to eat an entire, if not more, fresh pineapple for it to work. It can't be juiced or canned, it has to be fresh.
I have tried the walking, sex, bumpy rides and just today had some pineapple...will let ya know if that finally works! Good luck ladies.
Bryson Preston Thomas was born on may 28th. 9lbs and 6 oz. 22 inches. He came early. I had a c-section still, but i had to go hrough labor pains.Not what I expected. I was suppose show up on the 1st of june and have my scheduled c-section. Instead I lost my mucus plug at 1030am and from there I labored until I could not take it any longer. It was worth it. By the way I did most of the labor alone and let everyone sleep.  I will post pics when I get out the hospital.
Congrats!!  Wow, an early and big baby!  So glad your little guy is here and I assume all are healthy and well! :-)  
Wow~ first one to go. Congrats, you must be so happy. Cant wait for the pics.
Rhi315, i meant to say curries, not carried. Damn spell checker!!
Congratulations, what a big baby. I'm so happy for you, hope all is well with you and the baby.
Congrats!!!! I can't wait to see pictures of your baby only an oz smaller then what my first weighed and I'm hoping for another big baby :-)
So glad someone opened the flood gates!  Who is next???  I hope it's me!  :)
I just went to the doctor...2 1/2 cm dilated now - was up from 2cm last week.  I am due on June 12 and we scheduled me to be induced on June 16 if nothing happens on it's own.  So, only 16 more days of being pregnant at most!!  

No one guessed that I'd be after the 16th - in fact Natalie guessed the 16th - so she's likely to be right!  :-)
I also had my appointment today and I am 2-2 1/2 cm dilated and 50% effaced so a little bit of progress from last week. They also told me that I could be called in anywhere between 12am on Sunday morning to 12am Monday morning and the later they call depends on if they are busy and have a nurse and room available for me. So I am looking forward to 12am Sunday Morning.
I had a dr. appt. today too! I was 2cm last week...this week she said 2 maybe 3cm. She just said that my cervix was very soft. It was a different dr. this time =/ I hate it when it's a different dr. each time. lol. But my cervix is still posterior...and for some reason...it hurt like a mother effer when this dr. checked me! and I'm spotting, which I didn't the last 2 times I was checked. =( she said she won't let me go past 41 weeks, I'm 38w3d. So not long either way!! She also recommended that I try castor oil and sex if I haven't delivered by 40 weeks to prevent Pitocin. ugh, I just want him OUT!
Tasia, Rhi315 - we sound like we are progressing the same!  LOL  Also, Rhi315 - today at the doctor, she asked me if I spotted after last time she checked me - she always asks - and when I said no, she was disappointed because she said that spotting can mean cervical change - so maybe it's good you spotted - though it does suck that it hurt more with the different doctor.  Next week, my doctor will be out of town so the nurse practitioner is doing my exam - I hope it doesn't hurt more!!  
We tried sex tonight, but DH said he could "feel something" and was afraid of hurting baby, so we stopped, even though I told him it's impossible for him to hit the baby.  Also, I really had to pee after about 5 minutes anyways - even though I had just peed right beforehand.  I guess I'll be trying other methods of naturally inducing labor.  LOL  Any suggestions?
Okay well that is good!  You mean like, maybe she stretched it out a little or something? That would be nice. lol. I asked my OB today about natural ways to induce and she said that the 2 that are the most effective are sex and castor oil. She said with castor oil, you have to put 2oz. castor oil with orange juice (she didn't say how much OJ) and then eat a Reese's cup afterwards. lol. She said to wait until you're done with the diarrhea to see if it actually works, and she said that it does NOT cause baby to poop inside of you like people say. She said that everything else seems to be coincidental.
She also said that she would not try to use any of these until you're 40 weeks though =/
Yep I assume she meant that the spotting could mean more cervix dilation.  Also, I am not sure I want to give myself diarrhea to induce labor - lol...let me know if you try, though!  :-)  I think I will try walking a lot and see if it helps.
Just found this forum. I am due June 25th with my 2nd baby. This one is a girl, I have an almost 3 yr old son. I was induced at 39 wks with him due to diet controlled GD but I have a midwife this time and not going to be induced thank goodness. I am thinking she will be late though she tried to come early a couple times so who knows :)
Hey welcome!  Glad you found us - even though it's almost the end of our pregnancies!  Hopefully we'll all keep up w/one another and let each other know how our June Bugs are doing. :-)  
CONGRATS!! - jhanee

&& Welcome -tryingforbaby2

Sooo...update: 1 cm dialated 39 weeks 5 days, posterior cervix.

Dr, told me if no progress by tuesday then he will be inducing me wed.

Also told me i have a 30% chance of a c section...

I dont want a c section or be induced... I have tried it ALL pinapple, spicy food, walking, walking,walking, walking..  even drinking a variety of teas.

Just to give you some optimism if you are induced:

My first baby was a boy and he was late as well.  I was induced 4 days after due date.  I went in at 7AM and had him at 6:53PM.  I did NOT need to get a c-section.  I was only 1-2cm dilated when I went in and I think 50% effaced.  They started the pitocin drip at 7:30AM.  I got the epidural started at about 12:30 when the contractions really started.  I started pushing just after 6PM and delivered him at 6:53PM.  I did have an episiotomy because he was pretty big.  But, that was way better than c-section.  I healed from it just fine, so don't fret if you need one.  

Good luck to you!  Keep walking - I think that is the most all-around useful way to help labor, or so I have gathered from the info from others.  I didn't walk so much with my first, but this time I am trying to more.
@ Mandrella- why might you need a c-section? My dr. told me yesterday that castor oil seems to work, and she wants me to try that at 40 weeks if baby is not here yet to avoid pitocin. You might want to ask your dr. about it.
Angela418- I did the walking thing with my first pregnancy and by the time I was induced at 40 weeks nothing at all. No dilation or effacing so this time around I learned from another forum that I read from women were orally taking Evening Primrose Oil and also inserting it into the vagina so I did that this time around and I actually have some change. I stopped last week because I ran out and just haven't felt like going to the store to get more but it is safe to take with no side effects at least that has been what their doctors have told them. You can always google it.

Manderella- Lagree with Angela induction is way more preferable then a c section. I was induced at 40 weeks with my first and I had no dilation or effacement whatsoever. I was in labor for 16 hours and pushed for 23 minutes. I did have a first degree tear (had a 9lb 7oz baby boy) but that is the best tear you cold possibly have because no muscles were torn and recovery was actually a week or 2. After 4 weeks of delivering I felt completely normal, might have actually been before then but I know I was feeling good because dh and I started having sex again 4 weeks postpartum. Sorry if that is tmi, lol. Hopefully baby will decide to come on its own but if not induction is not always bad for people.

Tryingforbaby2- Welcome, you are not too late we are also here for you after baby is born, might not be as often as we would all like but if you leave notes on pages or send personal messgaes maybe that would get our attentions quicker.
June 1st has come and gone...i think that was some ones prediction. June 18th and 20th were the others. I dont think so! lol Im due the 15th and this kid is coming out! I go tomorrow to see if I finally dilated or have anything at all going on down there. Man I hope so! I just want to see him at this point. He has been moving like crazy for 3 days, not sure what that means but I hope something.

I have been walking and nothing has happened. So this weekend will be sex and trying the egg plant parm at a restaurant that prides it's self for sending pregnant women into labor with in 48 hours. So we'll see what happens.
Verysoon - Where do you get that eggplant parmesan?  Send me some, too!  ;-)  Oh, and I tried the sex but DH was freaked out that he thought he could "feel something" - I am like "no, honey, it's impossible for you to be long enough to be hurting the baby - sorry to burst your man ego - LOL"

Tasia32 - Can't wait until you can fill us in on Micah's delivery!  Congratulations!!  :-)
Yes thanks angela!! :)
Rhi315- cause of the way my cervix is.

But i think i lost my plug today, it was brown though.. And very chuncky and slimy i really hope i go soon :) i wonder how tasia is doing.
oh ok. I've had like, 3 bloody shows. I just stopped trying to guess anything at all. I'm just going to sleep all day every day until he comes to help the time pass...LOL..depressing, I know, =/
Omg i feel the same way!! its not depressing we have like almost been pregnant for a yr hahaha so are you going to try that oil?

I have been having sooo many BH i wish they would turn into real contractions.. :/
Manderella - congrats on losing the mucus plug..I know you were looking forward to it!! ;-)  Start timing your BH contractions - are they getting closer together?  I hope your little guy comes soon!!

Rhi315 - I have been taking more naps lately, too..lol...but then I remember we still have some organizing to do before the baby comes...I did finally pack my hospital bag yesterday, though - woo hoo!

I have decided it's too dang hot to walk, so I am taking someone else's advice and doing squats indoors instead.  I stand in front of the mirror and do like 10-20 of them after each time I go to the bathroom and when I am brushing my teeth and hair at night so yesterday I got up to 100...I also found some raspberry tea in my herbal tea assortment in the pantry - so I drank that yesterday and today..there were only 3 of that flavor so I gotta go find some more at the store.  I hope this stuff helps!!

Hahaha i know i was glad to see it!! No they are all over the place :(

Omg how are you doing squats?? do you have like a counter your holding onto?
lol, well I have a pool, which makes me super happy! I don't walk either unless it's like, 6am and not hot out, but im rarely up at that hour. I have BH constantly too. They're not regular at all, and all of my real contractions stopped completely. Oh well, I'm sure it will happen soon enough.
Oh, and yes, I do plan on trying the castor oil if i haven't delivered by 40 weeks. which is pretty much just 1 week away.
Manderella - I don't go down very far...lol...probably only 1/2 of a normal squat...I just put my hands on my hips.  

Rhi315 - once you tell us about your castor oil experience, maybe I'll brave it, too!  I hear it's pretty potent and gets the job done - that is - crazy diarrhea...lol
Hahaha oh i see, im def going to try some squats!

I wanna know how the oil goes too! I would totally do it but i dont want explosive diarrhea...
But at this point its very tempting, since i have tried what feels like everything..

Soooo close..
So how is your back pain going?
Its so odd only one side of my back will hurt for hours!!
I will let you guys know lol. I know it causes diarrhea, but I'm pretty sure that a lot of the time, natural labor does anyways? To clear you out before giving birth? So I'm willing to give it a shot. lol
Manderella - my back pain that I had before is a lot better, but sometimes I get a shooting pain down one side of my back/butt like she landed on a nerve or something.  If I move around then it usually goes away.  

Rhi315 - Yep, when you go in to labor apparently your body kind of flushes itself out beforehand.  I was induced w/my first baby and I am pretty sure I pooped when delivering..not that they told me that, but I am wondering how I wouldn't have since it's the same kind of push.  I think that's why your body naturally empties itself beforehand!  LOL
IT's at a place called scalini's here in Atlanta, they are known for it! I'm going on Sunday for dinner. I also tried walking, and pineapple earlier today, and Sex last nigh. Went in for my 2p appt and found out I was 3cm! I am so excited to hear that news! Now my question is how long can I stay at 3cm??? I would like to keep him in until Monday when I know my doctor is on call and have him on Tuesday ....lol I know I have my own plans of how "it should go" lol. But that is my doctors last day before she goes to Malaysia for vacation for the rest of the month! I would rather have her there than some random doctor!

Does anyone else have "loose hips" mine feel strange and light. like i could slip one out of place if I tried.... strange.
I have heard of that place before!! I tried egg plant parm. hoping that it wasn't just that restaurant's recipe that did it. But it didn't work for me...obviously lol. I'm in VA though...so it would be a little over the top for me to fly/drive to ATL just for that one dish LOL. I was 3cm on tuesday as well! I know someone  who stayed 5cm for a month....so idk. My hips don't feel like they're able to slide out of place or anything...but they hurt SOOOOOO bad at night if I lay on either side. I have to sleep on my back every night....and then my back hurts. ***** so bad! when I was getting contractions, I was getting them in my hips too. That hip pain is NO JOKE.
apparently you can't say s-u-c-k-s on here???
My hips feel looser, too and like Rhi315 said, at night in bed, it's the worst.  I lay on alternating sides all night b/c I can't sleep comfortably on my back.  Then every time I roll over, I have to pee - I guess baby girl lands on my bladder when I flip her over...LOL  

Well, I am not near Atlanta unfortunately, so I guess I'll have to rule out trying the eggplant.  I have also heard of a bakery somewhere in the northeast I think that makes lemon cupcakes that swears they send women in to labor.  I am in Southern Louisiana, so no luck on that one for me either. :-(  I ate some pineapple last week, I think I should get some more and eat it all weekend!  

I was 2 1/2 cm last Tuesday and my next check up is Monday.  I'll be 39w1d.  Our babies could come any time!  Oh, and my doctor is now out of town until next weekend!  So, if I have her this week, she won't be here, either!

And, no you can't say s*cks - LOL - it's funny because I have tried to say that referring to the baby s*cking on the mother's breast when I have posted several times about breastfeeding and it blocks it every time!  LOL
My due date was yesterday, still pregnant super tempted to try that oil stuff, i have had a constant headache and cant sleep at all im so done i want my little man to come now... :/
I guess you didn't need that eggplant parmesan after all!! :-)  Well, if you get a chance, eat some for the rest of us who are overdue or almost overdue!! LOL
Due date is June 15

First pregnancy. Boobs just started to leak white and clear, very slowly. Low back pain, bh contractions and well the normal early labor symptoms.
I'm still waiting. Due June 17th, and no early signs of labour. Sorry to write graphic details but my haemorrhoids are killing me and now a lot worse than previously. Wish this baby would hurry up. So envious of those already had their babies.
I've got the hemmie's too...ugh...I bought a bottle of witch hazel (the active ingredient in the tucks pads and the preparation h pads) and just blot some on toilet paper when I wipe.  Seems to help with the pain/swelling/itching.  The bottle is cheaper than buying the pads and lasts a lot longer. :-)

Oh, and no signs of early labor for me either - no regular contractions, no increased vaginal leakage, no nothin'!  I'm only due 5 days before you, too!  I hope we get our birth stories soon!! :-)  Though it seems our babies are mighty comfortable in there!
Am I the only one still waiting?
feels like it, doesnt it?! lol nope, im still waiting too. cant believe i am still pregnant. months ago i didnt think id make it a few days into june never mind now facing induction if he doesnt shift his butt any time soon! lol how are you? any twinges?
Have you both gone into labor since these messages?
Gilkesy has, i still havent! lol
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
krichar commented on photo
Jan 12
krichar commented on photo
Jan 12
krichar commented on pb95's status
Jan 01