painful swollen hands & wrists ...
Sometimes at night I wake due to painful hands, only to find my fingers, hands & wrists to be swollen, I do not feel sick, no fever nothing, just painful hands .. I thought it to be due to me laying on my sides, by laying on my arms, cutting off blood circulation or something ... I've read somewhere that its normal & that I need to up my potasium & B6 vitamins! Any of you experiencing this?
At night My feet and hands swell. I try to drink plenty of water and keep everything elevated. If I were you I would give my doctor a call because it should not cause you pain.
my hands dont swell (or at least i dont notice) but they "fall asleep" and get the tingling feeling. I mentioned it to the doc on monday and she said its a form of caprel tunnel caused by swelling at night... would go away once the pregnancy is over.

She suggested hand/wrist splints at bedtime.
My feet swell up at night, usually only when I'm sleeping, and it does kind of hurt to walk on them when I have to go to the bathroom at night. My hands swell only at night sometimes too, but they don't hurt, they're just annoying. I drink TONS of water, I asked my dr. about it last time and she said , "Congratulations you're pregnant." -____- she's sarcastic. But she did tell me that cutting back on my salt intake should help some.
Omg in the morning before im ready to wake up my legs go super numb and am forced out of bed..

Rhi315- my doctor always tells me he is going to  diagnose me and tells me im pregnant hahahaha
Had a doc appointment on Thursday - and yes, it seems to be caprel tunnel - cant really do anything about it, he assured me that it would dissappear after delivery - I found some remedies online i.e. increase the potasium intake (bananas) & to drink berrie juice - 100% natural, I have tried and the swelling is better, but I still have painful hands & wrists ..
I just saw this post... I have been suffering from this as well. Except I feel numbness from my shoulders down, worse in the mornings as well. My doctor didn't seem concerned but put me off work from my high blood pressure and severe swelling in my legs and the trace amounts of protien in my urine. But my hands and wrists are getting worse! So bad I was crying from the pain trying to make my little guys lunch today!! I will try the bananas and berries and see if it helps!
I have the same.  If I use my right hand at all it starts to go numb very quickly & then hurts terribly.  unfortunately, I am RIGHT HANDED!  At night when I lay down the pain is almost unbearable.  it doesn't matter whic side I lay on, even laying on my back, my right arm goes numb & I feel intense pain from my elbow down.  I have to get up every 10 - 15 minutes & let the blood flow back down into my fingers standing there shaking my hand.  

I have tried to sleep in a chair, but then my back hurts.  ugh.  I have 1 more week left!

today I drove to work, parked the car & then fell asleep for 1/2 hr!  I am exhausted.
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
krichar commented on photo
Aug 23
krichar commented on KeeLolo's status
Aug 19
krichar commented on krichar's status
Aug 17