Pregnancy: June 2012 Babies Community
Z-Pack/Antibiotics
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in June 2012.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Z-Pack/Antibiotics

I was trying to tough it out but my upper respiratory infection has moved down into my chest and with my asthma, the doctor is really worried about it turning into pneumonia and just put me on the "Z-Pack" (Azithromycin)antibiotics.  I'm in my 12th week right now, and really worried about taking them.  But the doctor says if my breathing goes bad or I get pneumonia that's much worse for the baby...so I just took my first dose tonight.  I'm wondering if anybody else has taken these pills during pregnancy? Maybe I'm just looking for some reassurance.
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I would call the pharmacy and talk to them they would kno more about medications then the doc. They gave me penacilin for a tooth infection and I refused to take it, so I know how you feel but I would think pneumonia would be alot worst.
Blank
640548_tn?1340556955
I took it with my last pregnancy at 6 weeks.  Both my ob and family Dr. said it's one of the safest in pregnancy.  Only thing is to make sure you take some acidopholus (sp) with it because it killed my digestive system.  Yogurt wasn't strong enough.
Blank
1901977_tn?1333995326
Okay thanks...I do feel a lot better already, not trying to cough up my lungs anymore, it was getting pretty bad. I'll check into the acidopholus.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Pregnancy: June 2012 Babies Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...