Aa
A
A
Close
i know i shouldnt.
So im breastfeeding and my lil girl is 4 months. Ive been wanting a alcoholic beverege. Will it affect my babygirl if i have one? And will i look like a bad mom if i do? i was thinking of feeding her before and pumping some milk before i start drinking.
Cancel
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
1868604 tn?1346462262
I take sip of beer here and there, no you are not a bad mom. Just drink right after you breast feed and limit your self to one drink. If you are not sure then just pump and dump plus give baby a bottle in between. And no drink and drive of course. Otherwise relax and enjoy :)
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Once the alcohol is out of your system its also out of your milk so no need to pump and dump and waste precious milk :) If you have enough milk to express the next feed and if she will drink from a bottle just do that to ease your mind :)
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
915119 tn?1341952589
You're not a bad mother. I don't know if you've seen, but I have seen at Babies R Us the alcohol test strips that test for alcohol in the breatmilk. If you are concerned about having alcohol in your milk, you might consider testing before feeding her.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Pregnancy: June 2012 Babies Community Resources