Pregnancy: June 2013 Babies Community
29 weeks 4 days. Bad anxiety

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in June 2013.

29 weeks 4 days. Bad anxiety

I have done good throughout my prgnancy without my anxiety meds....now since im so close to due date my anxiety is raging im so scared of everything i think something is going to go wrong with l&d or i may have to have a c section which i am terrified of. There is a million things i could list that stays on my mind constantly but my question is has anyone taken anxiety meds while pregnant or taking now and how is the baby im worried if i take meds it will harm my baby but i cant control my thoughts. Please help
Tags: 29 weeks
Talk to your doctor
I had anxiety extremely bad with my first pregnancy to the point they wanted me on meds but that thought made it worse. I went to a therapist who taught me square breathing techniques (close ur eyes, exhale and count to 4, hold for 4, breathe in for 4, hold for 4, repeat a few times and you start feeling calmer), ways to calm myself naturally (meditation and deep breathing), and things to do like make lists of the bad and the good and look at them later after the worst of the anxiety passed and figure out ok so if this goes wrong heres what i can do. It really helped so I would say even if u can only go a couple times to try it. Its a better alternative than worrying or jumping into meds if that worries u too.