Pregnancy: June 2013 Babies Community
Contractions

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in June 2013.

Contractions

Okay so im a first time mom, and im wondering what the signs of contractions are. I havent had the braxton hicks ones and I live like an hour and a half from the hospital. My due date is june 6th, and im nervous.
Bh are normally painless, tensing of belly and releasing in under a minute. Irregular too and sometimes cease when you change posture. Occur around stomach area. The real deal involves lower back pain and moves to belly,  is regular, longer time and growing shorter. You get laboured breathing indeed when contractions are there. They are painful and with time the pain increases - there is noway you will confuse Bh and labour pain! It earned its name. Its unrelenting and unceasing till baby is out. thats why some pple wld ask for pain medicine even though they had originally said no to it. The good thing is life giving pain at the end if the tunnel. The only confusion you might us baby movements and Bh especially in the third trimester.