Pregnancy: June 2013 Babies Community
Emotional mealtdowns

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in June 2013.

Emotional mealtdowns

Hi i'm 11w 5d pregnant and lately i've been having
some emotional issues I get angry for the littlest
things I get angry at my husband and afterwards I feel sad
because I was upset for something dumb and feel like crying my eyes out
is this normal how do some of you control it if I can? Any comments help and thanks
for listening to me! :)
Oh my I too am having this issue! Last night I was cleaning up the house and was moping the floors and he made me mad that I literally threw the mop across the room and then bursted into tears! I am finding it very hard to control my emotions with this pregnancy... Please don't think I am crazy I usually don't act this way!
Really? No I don't think you're crazy at all I feel that way as well I'll get mad then cry and it frustrates me because I don't understand these mood swings. Thank you for sharing with me at least I know i'm not the only one :)
Yeah I don't understand them either. And it seems like I get easily annoyed by things.
Yeah same here people just irritate, how far along are you?
I am almost 14 weeks... How far along are you?
Oh nice how are you feeling? I will be 12 weeks as of tomorrow.
Totally normal. I am 13 weeks and am experiencing the same thing. I feel bad because I get very easily frustrated and irritated with my boyfriend, its like I have no patience for anything anymore. I couldnt find the doctors office the other day (its a HUGE hospital with several buildings connected) and I started crying on the elevator. :(

Our bodies are going through a LOT of changes and our hormones are all out of whack. It's normal to feel overwhelmed through pregnancy, especially if you are stressed about other things on top of it. As for some relief, I'm trying to figure that out myself. I have found that taking an extra nap when needed or doing something that relaxes you might help. Swimming worked for me.
This is my first pregnacy and I had no idea why I was acting that way and it's hard for my husband to understand i'm so sensitive anything makes me cry and yeah our bodies are going through a lot our self esteem it's crazy! Is this your first pregnacy?
Yeah, its hard for the dads to understand because they will never truly know what its like to be pregnant.. and yep, my first pregnancy too, which makes it even harder...
Yeah it's kinda like if we were on our own because only we know what we feel.