Pregnancy: June 2013 Babies Community
Glucose test

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in June 2013.

Glucose test

Did my glucose test today!
The drink isn't bad but I feel horrible now.
I have a massive headache and I feel miserable
Has anyone felt like this after theirs?
I go next week for mine, I don't remember with my son how I felt afterward.
I did mine this morning also. It made me very dizzy and sleepy. My mom said she vomited when she had to do it. My doctor said it is normal to feel wierd afterward. I just ate a big meal afterward and rested and it helped me a lot.
i dont recall feeling nauseated or dizzy after consuming the glucose drink during the first pregnancy or several weeks into this pregnancy. all i can remember was how awfully stale the drink was. i'll be getting another glucose test in 2.5 weeks along with a CBC test. i hope all goes well.
I thought the drink was good xD it tasted like Orange soda
Yeah I remember everyone telling me how nasty it was when I had my son and when it came the for me to do my test I was surprised that I actually liked it lol!
stale orange soda!!!!
I had my glucose test this morning and am feeling pretty crummy.
I got a call and I failed my test so I gotta go do the 3 hour one!
Oh no.. I will get my results in the morning, I hope I passed.. What do you have to do with the 3 hour one?
I remember failing my one hour, with my son, had to do the three hour one. Same as the one hour, just three hours. Now, that this is my third, I automatically go for a two hour. This should be fun....not, lol.
Yeah especially because you feel so bad after like an hour. I was so sick and all I wanted to do was sleep it was like a bad hang over ! And I have to go to a lab to have it done.
I have done mine yesterday...the drink was ok but the after effects were very bad...i felt like I am going to throw up or may get faint but the nurse over there was very co operative she took me to another room and ask me to stay comfortable..anyhow I paased the test..
The drink made me feel sick. I failed the first test and had to do a 3 hour one. Failed that test as well. I hope all goes well for everyone
I went to do the 3 hour test today but threw all of the drink up so I have to reschedule
Oh no I remember doing my 1 hour and being so scared I was going to throw it up, All I could remember the nurse saying is to keep it down for atleast an hour and that was what kept replaying in my head.
I didn't even get the whole damn drink down :/
I had mine 2 weeks ago. My 3rd child and thought this one would the same as last 2. I literally felt like my had was going to explode. The only thing that helped was two paracetamol and a dark room till early evening then toast and tea. I did feel like i had a hangover the next day. Plenty of water helps and thankfully i don't have it.
I am gettin mine on Thursday!! Now I'm scared!
Don't be scared. My dr told me the reason I threw up is because the drink you take for the 3 hour test is twice the sugar.