Pregnancy: June 2013 Babies Community
Old Wives Tells

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in June 2013.

Old Wives Tells

I was wondering if the old wives tells have been true for any one so far... It seems like the one for me that's been the most true is that if you're pregnant with a girl you feel less beauty. I feel like I look less pretty during this pregnancy than I did with my son, My face is always broken out. And it also seems like I like to lay on my right side more now than before I was pregnant which is also one.
The girl steals your beauty one was true for me. Not sure if its a wives tale but my leg hair has stopped growing (with my son it grew like crazy)  and the craving sweets with a girl has been true too lol
I think it depends on the person . I am 26 weeks pregnant with a boy and I crave sweets like crazy, my skin on my face is more irritated then with my daughter and I dont feel beautiful at all. The pregnancy with my daughter wss the complete opposite. The old wives tale that I do believe is that if you are carrying a boy girls are more prone to want to be bothered with you if your carring a girl boys are more prone to want to be bothered. Opposites attract...my daughter always wants to be near me and rub my belly and hug and kiss me a lot more now, then before I was pregnant. She knew I was having a boy before I did. My nephew can't stand me now, when he sees me he runs, no hugs, or kisses for his aunti....he wasnt like that before the pregnancy. Kids can sense certain things
I totally agree with you saying that your daughter knew because my son knew from the very begining that I was having a girl, He kept telling everyone it was a girl and he would fight with you if you told him any different.
The ones that have proved to be true for me are the decrease in hair growth (awesome) and the sweet cravings!