Pregnancy: June 2013 Babies Community
Super nervous

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in June 2013.

Super nervous

Ok so this is going to sound bad. I am 27 weeks and have my first appointment Monday. I have been trying to get insurance for months and they lost my application twice and lost my address once so I just got my insurance card this week. My appointment Monday is a meeting with the nurse and then. I have an appointment Tuesday with the dr an then an ultra sound after and then a glucose test on Thursday. I want to know what I should expect. Please no rude comments about seeing a dr so late I've been trying to get insurance for months!
I saw a dr later on in my pregnancy for insurance issues as well. The ultrasound will be just to make sure your baby is developing
Sorry my phone acted up. What I was saying was developing properly and all the organs are functioning. When you meet with the nurse they just ask you medical questions of you and your family and see if you have any questions. The glucose test is when you drink this sugary drink and then you wait an hour and they take a blood sample and it's to see how well you pass sugar. They may also test your iron. That's what they did with mine and I have low iron so I have to see a specialist and take iron supplements. I'm 29 weeks today with my first baby. :) everything will be ok! Good luck
Thank you. Do you think I'll be able to find out the sex at this ultrasound??
Yes they should be able to tell you. I found out at 18 weeks. Have you been taking prenatal vitamins? U can get them at Walmart for just a few dollars. Sorry you had problems getting insurance I know it's a pain, I had mine though work even though it ***** really bad and they lost my application for Medicaid grrrrr. I finally did get on it so it covers what my insurance doesnt
I am taking prenatal supplements because adult multi vitamins make me puke. I am talking to my doctor tomorrow about possibly taking something else. I am so excited I hope they are able to tell me!!
Keep us posted :)
And prenatal is what your suppose to be taking :)
I'll have an update as soon as I get home from my appointment tomorrow. :))
Hope all went well.