Pregnancy: June 2013 Babies Community
anxiety

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in June 2013.

anxiety

I am 34 weeks and have been having severe anxiety. Is anyone else? This is my first child and I'm worried about almost everything. My best friends try to help but don't really kno what to do. Its almost like the first trimester mood swings have come back
I'm pregnant with my first and I'm the same way. I'm 32 weeks and I'm freaking out! And some people aren't helping cause they tell me their birth stories or I'll read something and my mind just starts asking what if!?
FTM too/32.5 weeks and I'm starting to freak out a little bit.  I haven't had any mood swings but the anxiety is really creeping up on me.  I've gotten so used to knowing exactly where my baby is, if he's okay, if he''s moving etc that the thought of actually having him "in the real world" is scary.

I'm getting really scared of the birth too.  I'm so scared of if I'll need a c-section and really thinking I may slip into a very angry/dark/depressed place if I do need one.

I'm so glad to have a place like this to share because I don't think DH gets it sometimes.
Yea the birth terrifies me cause I've been told about the pain and possible problems and such. I'm worried about post partum and stuff too cause a few ppl in my fam have gotten it and I've had problems with depression before. I really am happy about my baby girl and just want what's besy for her
I had bad anxiety the whole pregnancy so far. Aside from medication which I hated to take (but baby is great so far!) I have been seeing a counselor. Just being able to express my anxieties to someone with a neutral view on my life has helped me the most out of anything. They also showed me some breathing techniques and other ways to manage my anxiety at home. :)