Pregnancy: June 2013 Babies Community
baby girl is here!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in June 2013.

baby girl is here!

On the morning of the 9th I went into labor all of a sudden. It progressed very quickly! I was 36 weeks so they went ahead and did an emergency c section. Baby girl is great! She was born super healthy. 6 lbs 6 oz 19 1/4 in long. All the drs were amazed that she came a month early at normal.size with no problems! Just wanted to.share this, as proof that anything can happen!!
Congratulations:)
Your daughter and mine shares the same birthdate, mine just turned 4 years old. Congrats!
Congratulationssssss........
Thank you all! I cannot wait to see everyone else's birth stories :-)
Congratulations!!! I have a feeling my little girl will come early as well.
What day were you due?
Congrats and the for the inspirational post...makes me feel a little better knowing it can all work out good since i'm going into the homestretch with contractions already. So happy fo ya!!!
Good luck Purdy!! I was due June 7th.
I'm June 3rd. I can't wait:)
Congrats !!!
Congrats and glad to hear everything went good and baby girl is healthy! Why did you end up having an emergancy c-section if you don't mind me asking.
My plan was already to have a c section for health reasons. I have a condition called pseudotumor cerebri where too much fluid builds up in my head. It pushes on my eyes and causes me to go blind. The pressure from pushing during labor could have made it much worse. So I got to the hospital having gone from 2cm to 6cm dilated after only 2 hours of contracting! This baby was ready! So all the drs and nurses freaked out. I remember lots of sirens and flashing lights til they got me in the operating room. They worked very fast. I arriaved at the hospital at 8:30 am and baby was born at 10:07 am! Healthy as could be. She stayed in the recovery room with me for two days and we both went home. We both amazed all of the doctors. ;-)
Aw Yay! Congrats!
What a great birth story, Yes your baby girl was ready to meet you! I am glad to hear y'all are both home and doing good. How is your recovery going? I had a csection in March 2011 and have a scheduled one for my baby girl on June 10th.
Also wanted to ask what kind of symptoms were you having before labor? I have been having contractions off and on and I feel like she could come in the next week or 2 and I didn't know if you experienced anything that you could tell labor was on it's way?
My recovery is going pretty well considering. I am having to get lots of help taking care of the baby because it is still pretty painful to walk around, bend over and lift things. I was in "early labor" for 6 days. I had contractions but never dilated past 2cm. I actually went to the hospital 3 times and my dr twice during those 6 days because i swore i was going into labor! The morning i actually did i woke up with the same contractions but wayyyyy more intense and painful. I started timing them and they were 3-4min apart! I waited 2 hours to go to the hospital because of all my false alarms. They just kept getting more intense to the point where i was crying and couldnt move or breathe with each one. Thats how i knew it was time to go. But i should add that i live only 4 min away from the hospital and my dr's office is located in the hospital.