Pregnancy: June 2013 Babies Community
water birth

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in June 2013.

water birth

Is anyone thinking or has done a water birth?
This is my first baby, but it seems much more relaxing and things like that
I researched it and a lot of people said they loved it not one person had a complaint!
So what are your thoughts on it!
Im actually due July 2nd but periodically check this page and I asked the same ? My 1st delivery was induced and I had an epidural. This time I've been thinking of a water birth too. For reasons of it being less stressful for baby and mom plus the added bonus of less chance of tearing :)
I'm due June 3rd!
And yeah there's a lot of positive and I haven't found any negitive to it!
It supposed to be a better adjustment for the baby being born into water instead of cold air.
I just don't know if my dr would be okay with it lol
With my midwives I have discussed a water birth and there are tons of benefits. My personal problem with it is being in a tub of water with the other things that come out with baby. Personally it seems a lil gross to me. But that is the only negative.
They empty the water and refill it lol
I am having my 3rd baby due 30th June. I am having a water birth all being well. The midwife said they are the most natural of deliveries because the midwife doesn't get involved doesn't touch you. Which sounds amazing to me because i wanted a home birth but refused so i feel at least i am getting the next best thing.