2 days til due and still nothing
I am due with my 2nd on the 29th and still not having contractions. I am only 1cm dilated and trying to patiently wait. With my 1st, I didn't effaced or dilate by 40 weeks and was induced. I really want to let this one come on naturally but I'm concerned about her size. (My 1st was 9lb 2oz). Anyways my question is about membrane stripping/sweeping. Has anyone had it done? Was it affective in kick starting labor contractions? Did you have complications?
I feel your pain. I am 2 days past due and still nothing. Everyone is suggesting sex but that's the last thing on my mind right now. I was induced with my first and ended up having a c-section. My second was a vbac and she came on her due date with no help, just long labor. My doctor is letting me wait I go back Thursday and I am praying something happens before then. When I was induced with my first, they did do a sweep eventually but nothing ever happened, only dilated to 2 cm and hence the c-section. All the best!
The sweep got me to 2cm I was 1cm for weeks but that's all it did I had to induce on my due date cause I couldn't wait anymore.