Newborn drug testing
Please please please no judgement....
I'm 37 weeks 1 day pregnant and I've had a rough pregnancy. I have an incompetent cervix which I had a cerclage placed at 10 weeks due to dilating and I get it out tomorrow. My problem is when I was around 20 weeks I started taking Vicodin due to hydronephrosis, it wasn't prescribed to me that day it was from a previous surgery my last pregnancy in 2014. I took it when absolutely needed up until 36 weeks which is when I was told that they drug test babies and moms in L&D. I know that I am not addicted, I have no withdrawal symptoms so therefor my baby shouldn't either. Like I said only when I absolutely needed it. I plan to tell my doctor tomorrow, however will it even be in our system? I know I was stupid and I shouldn't of even started but I was desperate to rid the pain. There's a 50% chance she will be born after the cerclage is removed I just really hope nobody tries to take her from me. Especially come in the room to talk to us about it in front of my mother in law, we already have a rough relationship. Can they even say anything in front of her? Will they ask to speak to me alone since I'm not married? My fiancé knows everything I didn't hide this from him.
I'm not sure about the drug testing but I understand the cerclage I  have an incompetent cervix as well. idk about the babies system but pills don't last longer than a few days usually.
If you ask for them to keep everything confidential they will also i don't know if they really do drug test i think that's only with people with a history of drugs abuse i think you should worry more about what your doing to its lungs they might not devolpe right or  she may have trouble breathing remember we are only allowed to take Tylenol Google what it does
I had my cerclage taken out today, way more painful than my first one was. Ready to have my baby!