Pregnancy: March 2009 Babies Community
Concerned after 3D sonogram thanks to my husband

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies born in March 09.

I don't see it but this weekend we went and got a 3D sonogram.  My baby is beautiful but my s/o said that in some pictures it looks like she has a cleft palate.  I am not too familiar with this and would like to know if any of you are seeing it.  Please look at my pictures and let me know what you think.  i see a perfect baby in every way whether she were to have a cleft or not she is beautiful.  But is this something I should worry about.  Men alwasy find a way to make a women worry
I am sure the DRs could pick it up - these 3D images sometimes look warped. I did not check out your pictures yet, but would be really hesitant to give any sort of opinion on what I think - b/c I have no experience in reading u/s - I think if they saw this - they would have told you. Was the u/s done by a tech affiliated with your DR - or was it one of those places where they do not share clinical findings - more for "fun" -you can call either way and have images sent to your DR to check out for piece of mind....
ok - like I said - I am NO technician but that DOES NOT look like a cleft to me - isn't a cleft where the top lip is connected to the nose? you can totally see a divet above her lip - looks perfect to me!
I agree...I wouldn't worry. If you are worried take your pictures into your dr and just ask them what they think. I think that she wouldn't be able to yawn and have her mouth perfectly round if she had a cleft. I have some 3D pics on my page and I think that our babies are similar around the mouth and they told me specifically that my baby does not have a cleft. Sometimes the sound shadow can make things look weird...but ask your dr. if you are really worried. Even if she does have a cleft it wouldn't be a bad one and it would be fixed with surgery.
Ok... I am no doctor, but I don't see anything that would resemble a cleft palate :)  But, like everyone else has said... if you are worried, talk to you doctor.  But, really... she looks perfect! :)
I agree with the girls.... she is perfect! it doesnt look like a cleft  to me.... I think those kinds of 3D pics have a tendancy to be wiggly or warped... but if your really concerned take them to your doc.... I am sure he would be happy to put your mind at ease!
thank you all so much for your comments.  You have all just confimred what I saw when I saw the sonogram a beautiful baby girl.  Thank you all and have a Merry Christmas
The doctors would have said something if your baby had a cleft palate. They check for all that when they do the ultrasound.

Our sonographer checked for DS, cleft palate, spina bifida, and a bunch of other stuff at our 20 week ultrasound.

If you're concerned, call the doc and ask them for their opinion.

Tell your s/o to quit making you worry!! :)
she looks fine to me.  Perfect in every way I don't see a cleft. We are not doctors but if it would ease your mind maybe bring a copy of the sonogram on your next doctor's visit I am sure they can give you more answers to calm you down.  But if you are asking me I just see a perfect little face :0)
It just looks like the curve between her lips and her cheek. You know that space between the nostril and the corner of the mouth. Your doctor would for sure be able to tell.