Fused Labia on girls
Has anyone here heard of fused labia? My good friend just called in tears - her 5 month old's labia looks fused. She is not sure why the DR has never brought this to her attention and how serious it is...anyone know anything about this?
Um I think this is what Mady had.  I never heard it called that.  I would say at our 3 month check up they noticed that her labia was growing together.  So we were presciribed some $75 cream and told to seperate the area evey diaper change.  Hmmm I can't believe her dc never noticed it, my dc checks Mady's everytime and pulls it apart.   Does the baby need surgary?  Poor thing.
Oh poor thing.... I dont think its too serious.... Like jules said you normally apply the cream and pull apart gently to keep it from Fusing or growing together.... I think its alot more common then we think.... I hope your friends little one is ok and no surgery is necessary!