Pregnancy: March 2009 Babies Community
Help!!!!!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies born in March 09.

Help!!!!!!

LAst night was so lonnnnngggggg...... Carter keeps rolling onto is belly in his sleep, he then starts fussing and crying because he doesn't want to be on his belly and we have to go "rescue" him, it was non stop all night. Once when my husband was settling him he put him in the middle of the crib on his back and he rolled to his side, theb nelly then back then side again and eventually on this belly us against the side of the crib.
I tried putting him in his wedge but then he SCREAMED because he likes to sleep on his side with his feet in front of him (makes a C shape).
How are we going to stop this so I can get some sleep?
You might want to try swaddling him again if you can. We still swaddle Jack at night because he can turn from his back to stomach really easily but is unable to get back to his back. I think the swaddle limits their movement so rolling is not as likely. At least that is what we have experieinced so far.
yup this was us two weeks ago and why i bought the video monitor. $200 later and a few sleepless nights it has been fine. Just one of those things we had to sweat out which righted itself.

But the truth is - they sleep BETTER on their bellys and if they can get there - they can get back - the group helped me with this one! But I feel your pain!

Yeah I remember when Blake started to roll on her belly to sleep. The first few nights were stressful for me because she hadn't mastered the belly sleeping and she would start crying because she would try to put her face right into her mattress...ugh...I am glad that is over. Honestly it will get better. I wouldn't recommend swaddling if he will roll over...Blake was doing that while swaddled so we stopped swaddling her. I figured she definitely couldn't get back over if she was swaddled. Good luck. I know how awful it is. I was a total wreck the first week. Now I just get up a few times to check on her or scoot her back to the middle of her bed! :)