Pregnancy: March 2009 Babies Community
Holiday Gift Ideas

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies born in March 09.

Holiday Gift Ideas

Hello All!

Just wanted to see what kinds of toys you will be getting your little ones this year.  I desperately need toy ideas so if you know what you are doing, please share! :)

I was thinking of getting her "walking" toys and things that she can use beyond that.  Any ideas?
I bought a walking toy that turns into a riding toy.  It's a lion, but I bought a cute doll walker one for our niece who is 5 weeks younger than Brock.
toes... that sounds perfect!  i am so excited to buy gifts for someone other than an adult!  haha... Leighton is the only child on both my husband and my sides.
Mark already has a walking toy (we have a ton of baby toys  because he is our second). For Christmas this year we are taking the family for a week in Disneyland, but decided each child would get a stocking and 3 presents to unwrap. We bought Mark a See n' Say, a jack in the box, and a wooden bead maze. Then I just stuffed his stocking with small baby toys that I found at a local shop. We are really into classic developmental toys so we just focused on that for the boys.
Whitney... this is your second so you know, but I was thinking of the bead maze but wasn't sure if that was too advanced.  I typically like to get her toys that are above her age, but I wasn't totally sure if this was too off the charts.  Glad to hear you think it is a good toy for 9mo.+, too.

What is a see n' play, though?  I have no idea about toys!!! haha
Ovaz-
The bead maze is too advanced, but because they don't disconnect and therefore don't pose a choking hazard I thought that it couldn't hurt. They are supposed to really help logical cognitive development too. We bought ours at Target for $15, which is way cheaper than I have been able to find anywhere else.
A See n' Say is a little musical toy- when you pull the lever a arrow rotates around and the toys makes the sounds according to the picture the arrow lands on. I know that sounds way more complicated than it actually is....

We are getting him a cool wooden drum, Phin loves drumming on everything. A bathtub faucet spout cover thingy, some new bath toys and books. The rest of the family will spoil him way overboard so we are going easy.

I did see a huge bead activity center at costco the other day and fell in love with it. But $100 bucks for one thing this late in the budgeting plan was out of the question. I also drooled over a gorgeous wooden rocking horse
We just put this together for Hayden and she LOVES it: http://www.step2.com/product.cfm?product_id=1155

I think we are looking for a cool globe and/or map for her room. Also books. And PB kids has some really cute toys!

I am finding lately the best toys for hayden are wooden spoons, metal mixing bowls and tuperware!
Jem... yes... we MUST have the same child, just with different faces!  haha...

Leighotn is literally obesessed with her wooden spoon.  She takes it shopping with us, if I am changing her diaper it is with her, etc... some kids have a "lovie" Leighton has her wooden spoon!  She loves banging on an old metal popcorn container.  It is a wonderful sound at 6:30am ;)
SO FUNNY Ovaz! Hayden made my BUY a wooden spoon from crate and barrel the other day bc she started EATING IT in the store! I felt bad putting it back. LOL. Funny thing is as a kid my mother would threaten us with spankings and the wooden spoon - I was terrified of it!
haha!!!  Oh how times have changed, right?
Oh man! I was having a hard time thinking of what to get Noah too! I did buy him one of the Walking toys that turns in to a little car that he can sit on too! He loves it... My mother got him a tigger rocker, its too cute! I still have to keep my eyes open though for some more educational toys