Pregnancy: March 2009 Babies Community
Leg Aches?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies born in March 09.

Leg Aches?

Is anyone getting leg aches yet??  They aren't cramping, just aching A LOT!  At night they are pretty restless and I don't get good sleep.  I had cramps with my previous 2 kids, but not the aches.  Any suggestions???
I haven't has any kids yet - and have not experienced this yet with pregnancy - but I like to run and cramp easily when I am doing a lot of running - eating bananas is a good trick. Also - plenty of water and walking when you can. It could be a circulation thing - so walking water and bananas are my suggestion!
I get leg cramps at night. Not like charlie horses or whatever but just a weird feeling in my legs. I figured it was how I was sleeping and I try to change positions. Also I experience a little restless leg at night too. Weird...I really have no idea what it is about.
I am pretty sure that pregnancy can trigger "restless leg syndrom (syndrome)"!!!  Seriously!  Ask your doctor about it and maybe there is something that can help relieve it... maybe a heating pad?  My husband has fibromyalgia and we use heating pads to relieve some of the achiness.  Maybe that would help?
thankfully i have not had any leg cramps yet.... BUT i swear i have developed restless leg syndrome and i have a hard time sleeping at night so i feel ya...... I sometimes use a heating pad.... or it might sound funny but try to think about something else....
I was having that problem for about 2 weeks now! But I got one of those Body pillows (cheap at Wally world) and have been sleeping with one leg under it and the other on top of it and cuddled with it and i think the elevation and seperation has helped! I also had those aches in the car ride for about an hour over the holidays! I tried to sit with my feet in the floorboard and they got sore and then i tried to put my feet up on the dashboard and it was a little better! (I never have had a problem before) and especially when I sit indian style or cross my legs it gets REALLY bad. I read in my "What to Expect when you are expecting" book that leg aches are common. It said that sleeping with you legs proped up on a pillow will help! But I can't sleep on my back with my feet up because it makes my lower stomach hurt so thats when I decided to get my body pillow! I have also heard that body pillows will be really good for comfort for the rest of the pregnancy anyways.  This is my first pregnancy and Im sure I have much to learn and experience still but We will see :-) So try elevation or even a body pillow! (they are great, my hubby steals mine when I get out of bed in the morning!)